H.O. 24v problems: no clue what to do!!!

smith440ex

I bought this truck with everything already on it: edge comp box, 100 horse bully dog injectors, exhaust, and intake. The truck screwed up before when the check engine light came on with the comp box on. the truck only had two throttle postions; idle and 1,500 rpm. sent the box to edege to see if anything was wrong, they said they upgraded it. Truck then ran great for about a month. Now the check engine light is on again. This time the truck acts like it only has about 50 hp and will not create any boost until I unplug the power wire for the box. ANY HELP????????

Cycle the key 3 times from the off position to the run position (1 click before start)

It will show several codes in the spot that normally shows your miles driven. The ODO.

Report back which codes you have. That will help determine whats wrong.

alright the first code that comes up is: P1693 Then it says P ECU followed by P0237 and P 0577
But I also have a Air bag light on to, so that might a code for that.

Your injectors are too big, swap them with my extra stock ones....:poke:

The 0237 is a MAP sensor voltage too lower, check all your wires and connections, some people have had them corrode just slightly and give this code, it can also be a bad MAP sensor, but check you wires first.

The 0577 code is for your cruise control, not sure what to check on that one. Hope that helps some...

Last edited:
be ral careful -pluggin in that map sensor. the little tangs get bent over and itll do just what yer sayin. its hard to get em together if yer not careful. make sure the comp box is grounded good..that will give you fits

doesnt really sound like th box to me but if its good when ya unplug it then...it must be

Check all plugs, check the ground for the box and make certain the pins in the plugs are not pushing out when you hook them up. Todd had the same problem with his truck and we finally narrowed it down to a bad plug on the Edge wiring harness.

When i hooked up my drag comp one of the pins in the map sensor connector got pushed out. It did exactly what yours is doing.

everyone is talking about the map sensor screwing up. where is the plug for the sensor because I didn't install this programmer and dont have a clue wheres it at?

Driver's side of the block below the intake there are two small sensors, MAP and IAT. MAP is the forwardmost of the two, you will have one plug from the comp harness going to it and one more from the comp harness going to the factory harness. The rearward sensor should have nothing but the factory harness plugged to it and the other plug on the comp harness will be going to the data connection on the factory harness.

If in doubt just trace the wiring off the comp and you will find it easily.