h-s XRT?

INDIANAFARMBOY

Has anybody read about this deal? It seems to be the real deal, sounds like a pretty good increase in hp as well as having really good functions.$.02 I think i'm going to have to get one of these.

bump bump, no info on it? Nobody have any inside information they are willing to share, come on.

Has anybody heard anything about it that has a 6.7 is what I was curious about or that has ties to h&s. Didn't mean to be a smart ass if that's the way you took it, sorry. My bad man

all ive heard is that you can stack it with an edge and mp-8 and that it shuts off the dpf and egr codeless...:blahblah1:

I just orderd the box manifold and 62mm turbo

can't wait to see how this product works out. keep us updated on how the install goes, quality of products, and power! You doing injectors with it? or gonna just leave the stock fueling system in and see what happens?

From what i've heard, it's the shiznit. We're just ordering the delete kit for now for my g.f's truck. but i'll definately be getting this tuner from h&s as soon as the funds are available. it looks like the best on the market so far!!!!!

This is my repost from Staging Lane forum of the H&S on my 2008 CC 2500 2wd 6 spd. It's more appropriate here so here it is:

Well the H&S XRT tuner I bought from PMT Diesel is now uploaded, and the cat, dpf and EGR (sort of)are gone.

Tires in 2nd, 3rd and 4th don't stand a chance, but the Cummins is probably still behind Dumass' Excursion. Reason I row gears and he just stands on the fuel peddle and hangs on.

Anyway the XRT seems to be making immense power with perfect drivability. 23.7 mpg on the "lies per gallon" meter cruising 60-65 last night with light throttle on highway. No codes.

I'm very happy with the kit overall the piping fits like a glove (no cutting like on some other PMT diesel exhausts I've installed). It comes with 3 EGT plug- in foolers, the tuner, cat delete pipe, dpf delete pipe and a C-Clamp. That's all.

The only hokie things I must state are that the kit does not come with a triangle flange gaskit, bolts, qty 2 x o2 plug or weatherpack covers for all the sensors you need to pull and leave disconnected. (luckily I have weatherpack plugs at work)

I also had to reuse the o2 sensor because I didn't have a plug handy. You simply leave them (o2) plugged in and the XRT bypasses their function. if the kit came with plugs you can remove them altogether.

For 1300 dollars you'd think they could throw in a gaskit,two o2 plugs, & three bolts with nuts and washers (The cat and dpf are studded btw).

The EGR delete is a little goofy as well, you simply unplug the weather pack connector at the EGR Valve @ head and also the connector @ the valve coming from the IC. The actuator motor on the passenger side still functions as stock and pushes hot air into the front EGR piping ,but the Valve simply never opens @ the intake. Pulling connector @ the actuator motor throws a CEL even with the XRT.

Overall not a bad product with good power. Future will probalby see me stacking an MP-8 on the XRT.

The XRT Race Tuner from H&S definitely makes good power, out of this world?I don't know yet, but by just listening to the injector timing of my 6.7 it finally sounds like a diesel truck , not a VW TDi:hehe:

It comes with a 60 and 125 tune. According to H&S that's RWHP. The quality of the tuner is also top notch and comes with padded hardcase that is very nice.

and they are coming out with a 230hp tune later this year, but of course you have to pay more money for it. If i had a 6.7 i would definately try this tuner out considering cummins will probably come out with a new engine by the time the smarty comes out

and they are coming out with a 230hp tune later this year, but of course you have to pay more money for it. If i had a 6.7 i would definately try this tuner out considering cummins will probably come out with a new engine by the time the smarty comes out

Good to know about the 230 tune. i thought the same thing. A guy I work with has a 5.9 with smarty and loves it, so i considered waiting but the more I read the archives of this forum and hearing how long people have waited I said nahh, the H&S is the way to go.

I don't regret it. Just gald I can drive with peace of mind and not worry about the EGR or DPF.

I have one also. Here is my review I wrote up on the Brand X site

OK Boys

Drove 170 miles today for the hell of it. Just for you.

Started with the O/H at 20.1. I didn't reset it all day, it's on the reset I did the other day.

My first run was a bunch of foolin around, smokin, crap like that. Today was the first MPG run.

The total driven was 170.1 Miles. Fill to fill. 99% was highway, with a side trip to my cares in storage, about 6 miles.

I forgot to take a picture of the Trip Meter while I was filling. But I did catch the below.

Again, this was a trip to the Pocono Mountains. I drove to Hazleton and back. It is many times joked it all up hill both ways. It sure seems like it too. So allot of the trip was climbing long hills. A couple are 5 and 6 miles long. Stayed pretty much 1560 RPM, which is 67 MPH. Best I could do in the traffic.

Do the math. Over all I wasn't displeased at all. I never saw that MPG on that same route with the PMT.

pump.jpg

dash1.jpg

I was on manual driving on this. That's why I was going so slow. Traffic. Notice no codes and it's telling me I have 4 flats. LOL

oh1.jpg

That says 25.0. Rough roads

And the initial Writeup I did 2 days ago

Well guys. . . . The XRT is here. And many of you have asked me to tell you what I think. Thanks for killin me with 42 PM's in the last 2 days. . . :hehe:

Alrighty. I went off a PMT and stepped up to the plate with the XRT.
Conditions
Hilly terrain, heavy traffic, Outside Temp 49.

Engine Conditions
68* Intake Temps, Crusing seeds, 65 to 70, 1520 RPM to 1650 RPM EGT's Unknown at this time. XRT set to 120 HP

I went on 2 short trips. One to the mall where I got stuck in the Nextel Store for 2 hours getting my phone fixed. My overhead read 12.9 when I left, drove about 10 miles. It still read 12.9. Poor driving conditions for a real good test. However, when I did have a clear shot, (Between traffic lights and no dead heads in front of me) I was able to break the wheels loose at gears, 1, 2 and 3. I would usually see the O/H drop off .3 points on that trip BTW.

2nd Run
Took it out on the Hochimin Trail, (RT 80) Was able to hold 65 for about 20 miles. The terrain is quite hilly. I reset the Overhead when I merged in. By this time it was reading 13.1 untouched. After clearing the traffic from an accident, :thud: I got up to cruising speed. The O/H went up to 30.4 on the flats and dropped down on the hills, no lower than 21. This is real unusual from the previous box. The O/H ping ponged between 30 and 21 for the next 20 miles. I am impressed so far. The over head settled at 29.? when I exited.

Return trip were the same results EXCEPT!

MP8

On the return, I cranked up the MP8 to full. Since it was dark, it was real hard to see the smoke. I had to get into the headlights of a Tractor trailer to see what was spitting out. The truck driver just said on the CB "Caugh Caugh" :hehe:. . . I told him what was going on. What I could see was a steady stream of smoke from 70 to 95 where I started to run out of fuel from the stock lift pump.

Performance at higher speeds with the MP8 seemed to be a bit better. But I never noticed a significant difference anyway.

There's a couple of things I left out. I am editing

Power
The XRT delivers plenty of smooth power. Acceleration is real smooth, Idle is smooth in neutral or drive. I noticed the engine is much quieter than it was with the PMT.

Code Free
The code free works great. No waiting for anything to boot up. Just turn the key and start.

If you are converting form another DPF delete kit you may get a code light on the first start after the conversion and loading the XRT. This is Normal, so don't panic. It will go out on the third or fourth start of the truck.

GEN2
YOU MUST REMOVE A LATER VERSION OF THE GEN2. THIS IS THE ONE THAT GOES TO THE FUSE BOX. THE XRT WILL NOT INSTALL. simply plug the delta P (Box on the transmission) and put the plugs provided with the XRT kit on the same plugs the Gen 2 uses. The EGT senosr wires will not be used

Do's and Don'ts
Don't even try to load it with the Gen2 (Second Generation)
Let the XRT do it's thing. Be patient. Read the screen carefully as it goes. Takes about 30 minutes.

So the bottom line, so far, is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bellyshake.gif
taz.gif
bellyshake.gif
taz.gif
bellyshake.gif

Hey Polaraco how exactly does one stack the MP8 with the XRT exactly. I'm lazy so I haven't searched much LOL

Well I have run my truck for 480 miles on the XRTwith delete so far. Today it decided to throw two codes. :bang

Light driving on highway in heavy traffic it threw these two codes

P2080-exhaust Gas Temp Sensor Circuit Performance - Bank 1 Sensor 1
P2084-exhaust Gas Temp Sensor Circuit Performance - Bank 1 Sensor 2

Cleared it @ work this morning hope they don't return.

Wondering if maybe I lost an EGT plug in, but I doubt it. Will be checking them later.

Any ideas? :thankyou2:

Back