H & S

collegeboy07

Has anyone run a 6.0 with an H & S programmer? Hearing good things just wanted to know if anyone had tried it out.

I asked this very question earlier today on a different forum. I have one on my dodge and I love it. I hear shift on the fly programmers give the 6.0s problems. I have been advised to stick with sct.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 5r doesn't really like shift on the fly programming, but the 5r110w in the 6.4 doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

Your best bet would still be to get a SCT x3. So many tuners out there to chose from. Custom tuning FTW

I do not know anyone personally that runs an H&S on a 6.0

Last edited:
Yea cost wise i hear the sct is the way to go and the tuning is awesome but i also like the tune on the fly availability instead of all that waiting 5 minutes for the truck to tune. I am going to do a little more research on it. H&S looks to have better performance gains as far as the dyno goes but i dont guess that goes too far if the tranny wont hold. Thanks for the input!!

This isn't a specific Ford question, but does SCT do programming for the later Duramaxs?

I hear there are some custom tuners coming out with tunes for H&S tuners in the near future for the 6.0L.

Well I went ahead and tried the H&S!!!!!!! It works great. Amazing power at all ends and will run like a striped ape. I am pretty pleased but would be curious to see what the difference is between it and the SCT.

Well I went ahead and tried the H&S!!!!!!! It works great. Amazing power at all ends and will run like a striped ape. I am pretty pleased but would be curious to see what the difference is between it and the SCT.

Take it to the track and I'll tell you.

Goose do you have anything done to your truck besides minor mods? If no major power adders what do you run in a 1/8 and 1/4?

friend of mine has one on his 03 ( same year as mine) I dont know what setting he has it set to.. but at idle it sure does make a pretty whistle sound.. we lined up ( im running a ID x-street) i beat him no problem. his truck seemed to be laging off the line

Altho for the d-max its an animal! just put one on a LMM earlier this week. updated the firmware it was pretty impressive

Goose do you have anything done to your truck besides minor mods? If no major power adders what do you run in a 1/8 and 1/4?

Stock hardware 6.0ls run low 14s with just a tune. That is a CCSB cab configuration.

Back