haisley block girdle

Those of you with the thicker version of a Girdle, how does it fit with the motor so close to the crossmember?

with the block girdle cummins offers if i wanted to run 12mm main studs would there be clearance issues

I will be installing a Cummins stiffener plate when I finish rebuilding my engine, I got mine from PureDieselPower.com.

with the block girdle cummins offers if i wanted to run 12mm main studs would there be clearance issues

Yes, with 12 or 14mm main studs you will have to put in "clearance holes" in the girdle for them to stick up through slightly.

With the cummins one what does it use to attach to the block? Does it use the oil pan bolts?

I think it was Kenny's machine I spoke too on mine.

The one they sell is 3/4" steel or 1" aluminum. Girdle, machining to fit, bore out head surface to 14mm studs, and intsall bushings in all the cam lobes:

$2300

With the cummins one what does it use to attach to the block? Does it use the oil pan bolts?

You use longer oil pan bolts and then on one side there like 5-6 bolts that go straight from the stiffener plate to the block.

with the stock block stiffener I dont think you need the longer bolts.

I put them in with mine and the stuck out of the block pretty far. But their cheap and might as well get them! Plus my old oil pan bolts have come in handy during a couple of break downs!

i would stay away from any machine shop trying to charge me for bushing a cam lobe

as there is no such process

i would stay away from any machine shop trying to charge me for bushing a cam lobe

as there is no such process

Dude, Im being a smart ass. I ment to say "install cam bushings in all the bores"