Haisley Street Puller Clutch

RGHodges

I have a Haisley street dual disc clutch in my truck currently. It has been a great clutch so far. I was reading up on them and it says "for use up to 4000 rpm". Just curious as to why this is. My truck isn't a full time puller, mostly just a street truck, but I do plan on entering a couple local pulls next year. I will be leaving the line somewhere close to 5k. My question is has anyone seen one come apart at higher rpm? Anyone else have experience with this particular clutch. I know Haisley makes top notch parts, just looking for someone's input that has used this particular clutch.

It means that clutch is not SFI approved so it won't handle that type of abuse on a continuous basis.

If your planning on sled pulling and spinning that many RPM's you need to put in a SFI approved clutch and you need to get a transmission blanket.....that is if you like your feet!

I have a haisley street puller dual disc in my truck. It is sfi approved. I've never heard of them not being rated for over 4000 rpm, I launch mine at over 5000 rpm every time. I've abused it for three years and it's just getting to the point where it needs rebuilt now. Been a great clutch.

Good to hear. I know mine is sfi approved as well, but seeing that made me curious. I feel better about launching around 5k with mine now, but I plan on getting a safety blanket just in case something were to happen. Did your flywheel have a bronze inlay?

No mine doesn't have the bronze inlay, I have seen some that do though with a bit smaller diameter disc for some reason. And ya I have a safety blanket on mine. It's required up here even with sfi clutch and yearly inspections.