Hamilton CR head

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
I've been thinking since I saw the comments in the 12v thread- How about a taller port package, retain the stock injection setup and leave it at that. If someone really need a super electronic injector, they'll find a way to make it work. The air flow on just the raised port would be $2000 better than the factory Cummins head now.

Also, can I request cast-in valve seats like the 12v?

We are looking at all options now. I think we can go quite a bit more aggressive on the 24v head and still keep our velocity and streetability good with the two smaller ports as opposed to the one larger. We are focusing on raising the ports first and foremost. Other than that we are going to increase the runner volume a bit, have a higher nickel content, have induction hardened seats, and install threaded plugs throughout.

What is everybodys thoughts on valve depth? My goal is to have the valve sit .015" out of the head as oposed to .045" deep. This will gain a good bit of low lift flow without having any negatives except the need for cut pistons. We will also have 2 different pistons made. One for street/strip trucks in the 19 to 1 range with .050" flycuts and one in the 17.5 to one with .120" flycuts.

what is your thoughts?

Zach

Any Idea would the CR head would retail for if you do it?

btw, Whats the 12v head going for also?

My goal is to have the valve sit .015" out of the head as oposed to .045" deep. This will gain a good bit of low lift flow without having any negatives except the need for cut pistons.

Is this requiring cut pistons with stock cam, or with any aftermarket cam (like your 181/210)? I'd hate to have to tear back into mine again, but if I needed to, so be it.

Knew I shoulda cut the pistons when it was apart:bang :hehe:

Yes, the goal would be for all people that have this cam to do pistons. Of course, you could recess the valves more if you did not want this.( at the expense of HP) The goal of this head will be clean smoke free hp and lots of it. I will be doing everything I can towards that end, within reason.

hell why not a way to make all 4 valves intake, and then all 4 valves exhaust..... a driven selector system that separates the flow to where it needs to go.

What about piston protrusion? What if someone wants to put this on a stock motor,with out pulling the pistons out? What happens down the road when you get the head decked if the valves are .015 out of the head already. They will protrude even more. You have to make something that everyone can use. (Bolt on) Is'nt your 12v head bolt on. If you make it to where they have to mod there pistons before they use it , than i don't think it will sell very good. I think a 24v head is a great idea, And your are just the man to make it work.

Well that's not very good for the camshaft buisness, now DOHC, that's a different story.:hehe:

This is true LOL I have heard some of the formula 1 teams are trying it out but don't know of its a myth or not. The price on that would be a little more than I can afford :lolly: can't wait to see what zach and his team have planned for you 24v/cr guys.

If you are b!tching about piston work when someone is talking about a custom head then you are in the wrong thread. At the point a aftermarket head is needed you are far past just fly-cutting pistons. And def. shoot to eliminate those damn connector tubes.

My main goal is to make as much horsepower for as many people with as little cash as possible.

I can do all that is needed with a 1.5" flat tappet pushrod configuration. If we were spinning 10,000 rpm, DOHC would be a necessity. The street cams we have do not fully take advantage of what we currently have.

I might not sell one to everybody, but I'm gambling on the fact that people that want horsepower will add pistons to the build.

And if that is not cool, you can sink them back in the head yourself and piss off a few ponies..... your call. I choose horsepower.

Zach

How about some Vtec yo!:hehe:

Whatever makes for the best power output and cleanest driveability. If the pistons need to come out for that, so be it. Actually, a person like myself could do that on a built 6.7 and drop the head on it before swapping.

I have a question about the connector tubes. Are you going to offer a head with both types? A head with vp threads and connector tubes for people running ppumped 24v's? Another question, if you do just make one casting. Will you check in to having a set of the special connector tubes made to use VP lines and CR head. There are sets floating around built by Haisley or Scheid maybe. I know several people run CR heads on Vp or ppumped 24v's.
Randy

The best setup would be top feed injectors and no connector tubes to get in the way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk