Hamilton CR head

The best setup would be top feed injectors and no connector tubes to get in the way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If that's was the case I would be out. That will kill his sales IMO. You already have to tear the motor down and change pistons. If you have to buy a completely different set of injectors, and lines plus a valve cover plus the cost of the head. This could easily turn in to a 10,000 head.

Maybe Zach could sell a small cast iron emblem that says Hamilton and has the Texas outline that the meek can glue to their existing head so they can be the envy of all their friends without actually spending alot of cash.

I will have glue for sale in that case.

Guaranteed to not fall of.......maybe.

Raised prostock-ish ports would be great. If you're going to produce something just a wee bit better than stock why bother? Go big or go home! I may currently only dd my truck but I have a spare 6.7 long block that something like this would look good on.

I agree with you, but people have to agree with their pocket books for it to becomme a reality or I get hung out to dry.

If I go all out and make a really killer competition piece that is not the most streetable or that has higher associated costs, will people buy it. If I make a nice piece that barely trumps a ported head, will people justify the cost for a small percent better performance or will people after a short time, feel the need to come out with a edgy piece that outperforms mine? When it is all said and done, I will take as many road blocks to horsepower out as I can for a given price. What I am trying to weigh out right now is, if we go to a Duramax style injector that allows me to remove the connector tube, a roadblock to horsepower, will going with the duramax injector be putting a larger roadblock in its place?

The best thing about the 12v head is it's simplicity. With the help of people like Greg Young, we were able to come out with a great piece for a decent price and we did not have to re-invent the wheel to do it.

With the 4 valve head, there is much more room for change, improvement and ways to hang myself.

Zach

Maybe Zach could sell a small cast iron emblem that says Hamilton and has the Texas outline that the meek can glue to their existing head so they can be the envy of all their friends without actually spending alot of cash.

It is funny you say that Ron. I have a personal theory that says that 90% of what people do is done out of trying to impress their peers. That explains why so many of the people in the diesel world are Chromosexuals. For this reason, I try my best to drive POS vehicles and buck that trend. People buying things that they don't need to impres others, reminds me of this.........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QgWRycd7I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4QgWRycd7I[/ame]

I agree with you, but people have to agree with their pocket books for it to becomme a reality or I get hung out to dry.

If I go all out and make a really killer competition piece that is not the most streetable or that has higher associated costs, will people buy it. If I make a nice piece that barely trumps a ported head, will people justify the cost for a small percent better performance or will people after a short time, feel the need to come out with a edgy piece that outperforms mine? When it is all said and done, I will take as many road blocks to horsepower out as I can for a given price. What I am trying to weigh out right now is, if we go to a Duramax style injector that allows me to remove the connector tube, a roadblock to horsepower, will going with the duramax injector be putting a larger roadblock in its place?

The best thing about the 12v head is it's simplicity. With the help of people like Greg Young, we were able to come out with a great piece for a decent price and we did not have to re-invent the wheel to do it.

With the 4 valve head, there is much more room for change, improvement and ways to hang myself.

Zach

I understand your dellima. I went to school to be an engine machinists (Unfortantly I've probably forgotten more than I remember now) . It amazes me how diesel performance is still considered all black magic and they laws of physics don't apply to it. I always like reading about new products you're thinking about. I know you have to make a living but I appreciate that you don't try to empty everyone's wallet like some do in this industry. Now make a bada$$ cr head so I can buy one!

Zach, what kind of flycut would I need on a set of 03-04 pistons with a 188/220 cam so safely rock this head?

I got the engine apart. Might consider flycutting now for a future purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

None if you set the valves back in the head to stock levels. .060" if you set the valves out like they should be to get decent flow.

Moulder, Thanks for the encouragement

Back