Hard start. Mis. Hg? (3 videos)

06 Smkn Ghost!!

always upgrading
SO!! Heres three video's whatcha thinks going on?

Hard start
Truck :: droidx video by c1stmate - Photobucket

A Miss its missing till about 14sec in idles norm then @21sec it goes missing again. (keep in mind these 35lpm stainless injectors are new 2weeks old.)

The clatter that most would say is head gasket issues between cylenders cause i have no variation in coolant or oil levels nor pressure.

now that i have a miss at idle im going to do a cylinder performance test tomorro at dealership. only makes sence to me.

did this start when you put them in?? do anything to test the limits of the HG? personally Id have a hard time seeing a bad HG make a engine start that hard,or miss on and off.

well when i put them in i hit 80lbs once and then had that rattle/rapid bang sound in 3rd video and most have said head gasket failure between cylinders. though i dont see it causing a miss or starting issue either.

Did you torque the injector's and connector tubes when you installed them? If you didn't it's a good place to start.

Loosen up the injectors and pull the connector tubes and re-torque in this sequence.

Replace connector tube nuts and finger tighten.
Replace injector hold down bolts, and finger tighten to equal lengths.
Torque connector tube nuts to 37ft lbs.
Torque injector hold down nuts to 89in. lbs.

Last edited:
Any results from the cylinder performance test? Have you watched RP while you have the long crank condition?

Cylinders performance test: all cylinders were at aprox 100-104% except #2 it was at 92% as for having scan tool hooked up furring hard start to see what cranking rp is, I havnt cause it ply has the issue when it sits over night and id need to leave it at dealershipover night and havnt found the time to do that.. how often is it the fca that causes the hard start issue.?

You have a fuel or electrical issue. HG wont miss intermittently, then clear up and then go back to missing again. Thats coming from one side of the injector. You need to get a scan tool and kill the injectors one by one till you find the cylinder thats causing it. Whos injectors are they?

Last edited:
Did you torque the injector's and connector tubes when you installed them? If you didn't it's a good place to start.

Loosen up the injectors and pull the connector tubes and re-torque in this sequence.

Replace connector tube nuts and finger tighten.
Replace injector hold down bolts, and finger tighten to equal lengths.
Torque connector tube nuts to 37ft lbs.
Torque injector hold down nuts to 89in. lbs.[/
QUOTE]

I would recommend swapping these...

If you torque the cross tube collars down to the full 37 ft. lbs. before putting only finger tight on the inj. hold down bolts, You will flex the injector and your spray pattern may be slight off...

We've found that torquing the injector down first and then the tubes works better for us...

my puller popped and banged under hard excelleration once then I unplugged the rp guage and solved that problem. not doubting a injector problem but easy to try.