Hard to stear while setting still

2wpuller

letting the smoke fly
My son has a 07 Megacab longbed.You can't turn the wheel while your setting still.i know you shouldn't realy do that but it is a ***** to park and back a trailer.It doesn't do any good to rev the motor up either.I know the tire have a little to do with making it hard also.35x13.50 did it with stock tires also.i just put a new pump on this morning.Idid notice a little better very little though.I would like to hear any suggestion.Thanks
didn't have tis problem with his 02 with the same tires are his 98.

Dale

Dale
Iam having the same problem but mine is more come and go never sure when its going to happen.
Chris

We have even put more air in t6he tires didn't help. going to put some shims in the pump regulator.alittle at a time and see what happens.My gauge fell off the work bench awhile ago need to get another one before I start shimming to raise the pressure.
Chris did your just start doing this.
Dale

It did last year when it was cold. Then didn't happen very much when
Warm out. Now it started again. How high do you think your gauge should
Read I might have one to use?
Chris

Same here with my 03. Once it was the pump, next time (4mos later) same symtoms the gear box got replaced. Then the truck set for almost two years and the gear box was F'd again. Now my 08 is getting a little stiff too. I think i am going with a Red Head Gears gear box and i will make sure i flush the lines and add a filter. Both trucks fluid is black. I have used NAPA parts only.

Does anyone know a way to completly flush the whole syslem? I want to replace my fluid with synthetic and see if this helps.

Pull return line off of cooler. route to a catch can. pour new fluid in with truck running and steering back and forth until it comes out clean on other side.

Mine was like that, it happened that it was a small chunk stuck in the relieve valve leaving it open a bit.

The fluid wasn't burnt are dirty.The brake aren't the best when he pulled a trailer tuesday.I was told by another person that the hydroboast is bad going to find a break down of this booster.
Chris give me a call when you get of of work.I'm home all the time not working.Just in the garage working on Perky

Dale

got a buddy with an 03 with the same issues. been through 4 reman pumps, new hydrolics, a new gear box and just recently changed the hydroboost. still cant steer when stopped.

Sofar I have put a .045 shim between the spring and the cap and didn't do any good.going to try more when I get some time when Shane isn't useing it for work.

Dale

mine does the same thing ive got 305/65 17's which is 32.8 inch tire and it will be hard to turn i flushed the fluid and it was good for about 2 weeks then it got hard again gonna flush it again in the spring and just keep flushing it