Has anyone changed the bulbs in the Cluster?

7 if i remember correctly. if you want i can check the spare interment cluster i have and get back to you. but i suggest you buy at least one or two extra i had one come apart on me while trying to install them.

P4270173.jpg

Stupid question, did you use the brighter "HP" ones or just the regular ones? Looks awesome, definitely something I am wanting to do

Stupid question, did you use the brighter "HP" ones or just the regular ones? Looks awesome, definitely something I am wanting to do

I got the 2 lumen ones they didn't have the 6 lumen ones when I did my swap.

dont go too bright, the dimmer will barely adjust the brightness because of how much less power the leds use.

if my headlights are on and i roll the dimmer to off its still almost full brightness

was going to order leds but they want minimum $25 order. retarded. i dont need 20 of them.

got 10 from dealer for now. $10

good thing i got extra 3.

theres 10 all together on the cluster

Attachments

• IMG_0494b.jpg
    IMG_0494b.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0501b.jpg
    IMG_0501b.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0497b.jpg
    IMG_0497b.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
it was 10 with changing the ones out in the heater controls as well.

How can this be? The cluster alone has 10 bulbs and the bulbs in the A/C controls are different? My closest guess is that the A/C bulbs are the NeoWedge NEO5-X:
NEO5-x_mm.jpg

I was all set to place an order until I tore the dash apart tonight :bang

all of the bulbs that I removed from my dash were exactly alike. mine was a 05 truck so them might have changed the bulb type from year to year

Really? here are a couple chitty phone pics of the bulbs I pulled out last night, on the right is from cluster and on the left is from A/C controls.

0412110732.jpg

0412110732a.jpg

Could you get any color to show up right since they have to shine through the stock green plastic? Like an Orange or red led, would it show up brown? I'm just asked.

Did you just use the regular blue LED's? I saw where someone else went for clear lights and sanded the back side of the gauge cluster. I wasn't planning on going that far tho