Has anyone put a clutch in a MMC mini-truck?

4x4dually

I've inherited the task of getting my buddies new purchase back on the road. I smell clutch and it won't hardly move.

Anyone tore into these trannys before? Any advice would be great.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1592[1].jpg
    IMG_1592[1].jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
You'll need to ax the question in Japanese. They ain't from 'round here.

这东西是一堆垃圾。把它推掉下悬崖,所以你的朋友帮个忙。或把它卖给我。

这东西是一堆垃圾。把它推掉下悬崖,所以你的朋友帮个忙。或把它卖给我。

This stuff is a bunch of garbage. It turned down the cliff, so your friend a favor. Or sell it to me.

:hehe:

It will be cool when we do a little fixin' up. No bolts on battery cables, EGR tube is broke, air filter is horrible and collapsed, needs a clutch. yada yada.

He got it for near to nothin'. It does feel gay as a three dollar bill to drive on the right side and shift gears with a left hand. Gives me the hebie jebies. LOL

we have a few trucks like these around the lab, diahatsu and Mitsubishi mainly. they are slowly dwindling bc of lack of availability for parts. not sure if that is true bc other govt agencies use them as well. we are slowly going to UTVs. ranger and club cars. good luck with the fix up. might want to check below. one is a dealer in pa that has had multiple of these trucks in the past.

http://stores.ebay.com/Japanese-Mini-Kei-Truck-Parts

http://www.serlawnandgarden.com/

There is nothing too them, landscaping companies love em because they are 1/3 the cost of a utv, burn very little fuel, and they can haul about double the payload.
The clutch however shouldn't be too difficult, the only issue I see would be procuring parts, I doubt you would even need a trans jack, just bench press it out, or pull it up and out with the body up.

I have one and replaced the clutch last year. Just like any other 4wd truck just small and light.

Anyone know where to get engine overhaul kits? My dad has one that smokes like a 12v pulling truck on a cold morning

Back