Has anyone swapped to from 3.73 to 3.42 with the G56 & a 5.9?

I know I ordered the 3.42's on my 2010 with the 68RFE...probably a little too high geared, but for what I'll do with it, I should be OK. 70mph in 6th is about 1650-1700RPM...I don't hit 2000RPM in 6th until 85mph.

If I lived out west like you guys, I know I'd love these gears...around here, I think I should've stuck with 3.73's...but I'll live with it for a while, unless I hate it once I start towing heavy with it!

Chris

I know I ordered the 3.42's on my 2010 with the 68RFE...probably a little too high geared, but for what I'll do with it, I should be OK. 70mph in 6th is about 1650-1700RPM...I don't hit 2000RPM in 6th until 85mph.

If I lived out west like you guys, I know I'd love these gears...around here, I think I should've stuck with 3.73's...but I'll live with it for a while, unless I hate it once I start towing heavy with it!

Chris

I think you'll be fine... with the select shift on the column, you'll be able to tow great IMO

Right...

It just got back from it's Virginia towing trip. Said power was good in 5th, exhaust brake works awesome. Pulling some hills through it got down to 45mph:( Weight was about 22-23K GVW...not much really, for us anyway. Mileage was about 8mph loaded, but almost 13mpg pulling the empty trailer home.

We'll see how I like it when I get to tow with it, but so far, 3.42's aren't sounding too bad.

Chris

Nope...no desire to come out there, and I can go to sea world in Florida or even Akron here in OH!

Thanks though!:D

Chris

Back