Has enyone started a new prodject ?

2wpuller

letting the smoke fly
Who has started eny new 2wd prodjects this winter are planing to start one ?

Dale

mine aint looking good :(

might have to start over... do have a nice canidate if i have too...

I know it aint much but I wanna try to build my truck to pull 2wd. Lack of $$$ is whats wrong.

HEY!

don't worry who is starting a "project", we're still waitin for you to
finish the one you started 2 years ago!

:woohoo:

I don't hear that buffer runnin, now do I ?
Some people just don't get it.

Last edited:
HEY!

I kept telling him he could have saved ALOT of time with a few cans of black Rustoleum. Time that could have been spent on other things... LOL

I have a completely gutted long wheel base truck sitting behind my shop that had big plans of running in the 2wd class with solid suspension, 2 ton rearend, hydraulic steering, etc., but nothing was set in stone and not too sure many were gonna pick up the class. Didn't figure it would be worth the time since nobody seemed that interested around here. I like the idea of it because I grew up around my family in the 2wd gasser trucks. Thought I'd be able to save a bunch of money too only worrying about one drive end and it being unlimited. Oh, well. Maybe next year.

Don't let the interest in the class discourage you right off the bat... if everybody thinks the same way then no one will build... the more trucks that get built and start running will help the class grow... who's going to build a truck for a class if they don't see any trucks running in it?

As soon as i get some things in order and buy another Daily Driver, I plan on building 2 trucks... one 4wd and one 2wd... just not sure which one first lol.

there was talk of a couple tube trucks around here that took out the gassers and are building diesels to put in... but like was said, they didn't add the 2wd class(es) other than the occassional one somewhere. Maybe next year.

C-ya

Oh yeah... I forgot, I don't have a front driveshaft, so does that make my truck a 2wd project? LOL

...I plan on building 2 trucks... one 4wd and one 2wd...

Exactly my dilema except I have my green truck to play with in the 2.6 that still needs a gear change and another '99 I just bought with a windowed block that I was going to setup for either 2.8 or 2.6 so I could take the green one off the track and then the gutted '99 that I spoke of earlier for the 2wd class. Hard enough to build one motor/setup, let alone three. That's still not including my '02 I'm trying to get setup for towing a little better. I have to sell my gooseneck so I can buy a longer one for the long wheel base trucks to fit on too, so to say my budget is beyond being stretched right now is an understatement. All that with $400 electric bills is KILLING me! Can't wait for the little lady to graduate again and hopefully start making some money to help me out a little on the bills. Seven years in college is enough.:bang

Roger that!! Ol lady is student teaching this semester then she graduates in May and can start teaching. This is her second degree, 1st was wasted, then two semesters wasted for a diff. degree. Then she'll STILL have to go for masters. But at least she can work.

Being broke SUCKS!

C-ya

Roger that!! Ol lady is student teaching this semester then she graduates in May and can start teaching. This is her second degree, 1st was wasted, then two semesters wasted for a diff. degree. Then she'll STILL have to go for masters. But at least she can work.

Being broke SUCKS!

C-ya

Yeah, this will be her third degree.

HEY!

I have been bussy we got the 2wd in the garage yesterday the head was off and on the work bench in a hour and 15min. that was includeing takeing the trailer back over to my brother's.

Dale

Hey J you know what you can do with that paint.:kick::evil

All jokeing set aside your truck is looking good even if it has no bling.:Cheer:

Dale

Back