Having EGT problems with twins

Ok, I have a question. I have the WG set to start opening at 3psi, however my top turbo will still hit 33psi. Is this normal or is it possible that the internal WG is compromised?

How do you know it is hitting 33psi? Remember it's compounded pressure ratios so you don't just add the boost together. You cant measure what the secondary makes you have to calculate it.

How do you know it is hitting 33psi? Remember it's compounded pressure ratios so you don't just add the boost together. You cant measure what the secondary makes you have to calculate it.

Ok, you got me. I do not understand what you mean you cannot measure it. :huh:: I am reading my overall boost gauge. My bottom turbo making 0-2psi and overall at the intake horn is 33ish +/- 1-1.5. If that is not accurate how do I calculate it?

You cant measure it once the big turbo starts making boost (I should have said that before. I thought you meant 33psi at peak boost). When you loosen the wastegate way off does it change the spool up? If not then you could very well have a wastegate issue. You can pull the cover over the pucks and check the movement of it if you can't see it moving correctly when you put air to the accuator line.

With the wastegate way off it changes spoolup a lot. It lags a lot and gets hot a lot quicker, so I guess that pretty much means the wastegate is functioning. I wasn't sure how to tell.

So really this all boils down to either a boost leak on the hot or cold pipes or a fueling problem that won't let me spool that turbo? Does that seem like a pretty good conclusion?

It seems like one or the other. If your having rail pressure issues I would solve that first and then go back and look at the turbos. Fixing the RP might fix the whole thing.

Well, I didn't get a chance to work on my truck at all. Part of my problem I am sure is I hear a exhaust leak, a ticking noise. Almost sounds like my truck did when I blew my first head gasket. So, once I find out where that is coming from I will know better what is going on.

I have been watching my fueling and my RP is low, but not any lower than it was when I installed these twins. So, I should know a whole lot more tomorrow after we get a chance to really tear into it.

Well I am right in the middle of reinstalling my turbos with a brand new exh manifold. I did realize how bad the other one leaked. So I am really hoping it was just a drive pressure problem. I will keep you guys posted.