Having trouble, ECM related

crazydave

Ok, cruising home when I intermittently start losing the speedo, tach and dash lights; airbag, abs, service engine soon come on. Truck never misses a beat, just keep losing gauges and getting lights on and off. Odometer will read "no bus" if they stay off long enough.

Truck is an 01

Codes (ones that apply not usual p0500 etc.)

P1694 Fault In Companion Module No CCD/J1850 messages received from the powertrain control module

P1687 No MIC BUS Message No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Mechanical
Instrument Cluster (MIC) module.

P1693 (M) DTC Detected in Companion Module A fault has been generated in the companion engine
control module.

P1693 (M) DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC
Detected in ECM
A 9Companion DTC9 was set in both the ECM and PCM.

P1698 No CCD Messages received from
PCM Bus communication failure to PCM. A 9Companion DTC9
was set in both the ECM and PCM.

I checked connections at ECM, PCM, all seem tight no frays, and a good ground at PCM.

Is this behavior of a module that is on its way out?

And will it strand me? So far it restarts, and seems to run fine as its faulting.

Thanks
Dave

My truck did the same thing once goin down the interstate, pulled over shut it off and it quit, then a short time later the apps went out, idk if that was it but it never done it no more

So much for what you said today about it being your reliable vehicle. In some way I feel bad being I was the last one to drive it.

I have had mine do strange things from time to time as well and never show back up. Once on a trip north to go snowmobiling, I got dead pedal and a check engine light. Idled my way to a parking lot, read codes (can't remember what they were now, it was like 3, 4 years ago) the only thing i could think of was the snow was packed up around a sensor somewhere so i knocked some off, (don't know it helped or not) and it ran fine ever since, and i still have a factory VP. Don't know what ever caused it.

So much for what you said today about it being your reliable vehicle. In some way I feel bad being I was the last one to drive it.

Yea i trade the Grand slam for the truck and this is what i get lol, well it didn't leave me anywhere, it must just be mad at me for not beating on it this week.

And you didn't do anything that I don't, its old and has miles. First issue in 5 years and modded, I cant complain.