HD bal joints

mp03

I know dynatrac makes some but I was wondering if there is anyone else making some.

I believe the carli's are only for 3rd gen but I could be wrong.

They don't get any better than the Carlis. I just put uppers and lowers on mine a few months ago. They currently offer 3rd gen only.

--Eric

Carli's haven’t been available for almost a month now, backordered, I have been waiting for a couple of weeks. I heard the small manufacturer couldn't keep up with the demand so they are switching to a bigger company to manufacturer them and they are currently in the testing phase.

BBD

Well the dynatracs are cheaper but the carlis seem to be built well. Im sure both of them are good and far better than of the other replacment parts sold. The 2nd gen will be the one that gets most of the beating! The 3rd gen is for towing the 2nd gen.

Has anyone used moog ball joints? When they are not back ordered what do the carli run for?

I asked about ball joints a few weeks ago and no one had anything good to say about moog anymore. They quality has gone to chit in the last year or so.

Carli's haven’t been available for almost a month now, backordered, I have been waiting for a couple of weeks. I heard the small manufacturer couldn't keep up with the demand so they are switching to a bigger company to manufacturer them and they are currently in the testing phase.

BBD

Well, that sucks, now those pieces will be double what they cost before......don't know if I can stand paying over $400 for 2 balljoints.....

Joe

carli's are more money but you pay for what get, I got carli's and there sweet

I ordered a set of the lower Carli joints back on Sept 27th, got an e-mail stating they were going out in two to three weeks, after 4 weeks I asked for an update they responded with check back in a couple of weeks, I responded back two and half weeks later for them to tell me today that they would be shipping on the 23rd and not Novemebr 23rd friggin December 23rd. If somebody else made these of equal quality I would so be done with Carli !!!!

BBD

I want to say dynatrc makes some. I don't know that they are the same strength but I'm sure they have got to be better than normal ball joints.

XRF makes pretty good BJs - nothing like Carli's, but very economical... supposed to be better than Moog, TRW, etc.

XRF here, from what Im told ill never wear them out.
time will tell

Last edited:
switched everthing in the front eng over to moog about a year ago and havent has any issues. i tow and polw commercially all winter. of course this is after a "friends shop" put napa brand sh$t in the truck and it lasted only one year before everthing went.