HD bal joints

Moog has lifetime warranty, just have to replace every few years from my experience. They don't cover labor just parts. The way carlis are backordered a set might last till you get good ball joints.

I had the same experience waiting for Carli ball joints. I ordered them thru KLM, and after a month and a half of waiting, I called them for a status update. They said they didn't have an ETA from Carli and suggested I go with Dynatrac. So, they sent me uppers and lowers from Dynatrac. When I went to install them, the uppers practically pushed in by hand! The lowers were not much tighter. So, I ended up picking up some Moog ball joints locally. Hopefully by the time these wear out, the Carli ones will be available.

switched everthing in the front eng over to moog about a year ago and havent has any issues. i tow and polw commercially all winter. of course this is after a "friends shop" put napa brand sh$t in the truck and it lasted only one year before everthing went.

These are what I have and I haven't had an issue in 75k. I guess the quality went down after I got my set.

I ordered a set of the lower Carli joints back on Sept 27th, got an e-mail stating they were going out in two to three weeks, after 4 weeks I asked for an update they responded with check back in a couple of weeks, I responded back two and half weeks later for them to tell me today that they would be shipping on the 23rd and not Novemebr 23rd friggin December 23rd. If somebody else made these of equal quality I would so be done with Carli !!!!

BBD

Still no damn lower ball joint, Carli said maybe by the 1st Feb (will have been over 4 months). If I don't have them by then going with XRF lowers.

BBD

I had the same problem and already had carli uppers so i put in xrf lowers and they have lasted longer than the 3 previous sets of moogs!

Hey Guy's I have an 07 with around 48k on it just how good are the factory ball joints and fair that matter the front end in general? I have a fairly rough ride very day and I was thinking about just how long these parts hold up??
Thanks

The XRF are good stuff and also geaseable they last better then any I have installed . but have never used carils

Hey Guy's I have an 07 with around 48k on it just how good are the factory ball joints and fair that matter the front end in general? I have a fairly rough ride very day and I was thinking about just how long these parts hold up??
Thanks

I would like to know as well cuz with 70K on my truck my factory ball joints are in great condition......

Joe

Well over four months now, I gave a hard deadline of the 1st of Feb and I stuck with as I cancelled the order for the Carli today. As stated in this thread I have heard nothing but good about the XRF stuff so I order them today, they will be here before the weekend and I saved just over $300 when compared to the overpriced Carli joints.

BBD

Well over four months now, I gave a hard deadline of the 1st of Feb and I stuck with as I cancelled the order for the Carli today. As stated in this thread I have heard nothing but good about the XRF stuff so I order them today, they will be here before the weekend and I saved just over $300 when compared to the overpriced Carli joints.

BBD

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I installed a set on a second gen. Very good quality.

Good info BBD. I have been wanting to order Carli bjs for my truck soon but there is no way in hell the stockers are going to last another 4 months.. what's the total $ on the xrfs? Both upper and lower... please keep us updated!

Bumping this thread back up for reviews on the XRF and dynatrac BJ's.. Going to order upper and lower joint this week.

My xrf lowers ( already had carli uppers) have lasted longer than one set of factory and 2 sets of moogs ! Still in verry good shape.

Haven't had any issues out of my Moogs, and they are readily accessible just about anywhere with a lifetime warranty... Can't get much better than that if you do your own mechanic work :)

carli build race oriented parts. they test the crap out of everything they produce so if theyre switching suppliers im sure theyll take all the time they need to make sure they get a quality product. quality over quanity.

Ihave dynatracs and they hold up great! When I had Moog they didn't last but a year. I would recommend them,plus if they ever go bad youdont have to press them out,because they are rebuild ale in the truck.

Back