he351ve ford: calling out electrical wizards

Steed, I now realize how nice and convenient your method is...you'll probably be hearing from me in the future! :)

Lol just let me know, I made a HE341VE/HE351VE hybrid for my 4BT using one of my controllers. Its freaking awesome on my little motor.

Congratz on getting the actuator working! Not many people have made an electronic control, if you can rig some type of programmable logic to it you would be set.

As far as your fuel gauge, you’ll need a 5v reference to make a PSI gauge work. I have used a cheap cigarette USB adapter for a 5V reference, it’s easy to open and pull a 5V referance. However the problem with the a PSI gauge is the span. The gauge wants a .5 to 4.5 sensor Span, if you send a 5v signal to the POT on the actuator it’s going to range from 0-5v you’ll be 1v off on the gauge. Another option would be a fuel level gauge; auto meter has an adjustable resistance gauge. Depending on the span of the resistance you might be able to tune it to the same range as the actuator.

Steed perhaps you could do a full write up thread on here of your setup?

Lol just let me know, I made a HE341VE/HE351VE hybrid for my 4BT using one of my controllers. Its freaking awesome on my little motor.

Congratz on getting the actuator working! Not many people have made an electronic control, if you can rig some type of programmable logic to it you would be set.

As far as your fuel gauge, you’ll need a 5v reference to make a PSI gauge work. I have used a cheap cigarette USB adapter for a 5V reference, it’s easy to open and pull a 5V referance. However the problem with the a PSI gauge is the span. The gauge wants a .5 to 4.5 sensor Span, if you send a 5v signal to the POT on the actuator it’s going to range from 0-5v you’ll be 1v off on the gauge. Another option would be a fuel level gauge; auto meter has an adjustable resistance gauge. Depending on the span of the resistance you might be able to tune it to the same range as the actuator.

Thanks for the tip. Adjustable fuel level guage seems like a good idea. I'd also like to see your build thread here!