he351ve rebuild

blevinscattle

Well I got the he351ve to put on my 01 and it has side to side play. I was wondering if I could rebuild it myself and the best place to get parts for it. Also would it need yo be rebalanced or just take it apart and replace the bushings and check the runout.

How much side to side? Your suppose to have some. In and out it what you don't want.

It doesn't appear to have any marks on the compressor housing but it has no front to back play. Does have oil on exhaust side but its been compressor side sticking up in a box for a month or so nothing in the exhaust housing makes it look like it was using oil

like bsmith said you want side to side without contacting the housing. if it catches on the housing with pressure to the side then it will need to be rebuilt, if not it should be fine. all the side to side play is for the oil in the bearing around the shaft.

It hasn't makes comp housing but it has side to side play and has oil on the exhaust turbine, prob from being in a box comp side up for a month or so. No front to back play at all

the oil in the exhaust housing may be a fluke by the way it was stored, but i've taken two of these turbos apart. the rear oil ring wears a groove in the housing. i've sleaved the one on my truck to see how long it lasts. the first one leaked pretty bad and the vanes stuck in less than 7-8 months after a rebuild. the sleaved housing has been in for about 3 months with no noticable signs of leaking.

pic of the fix:
turbobushing007.jpg

Bullet did you rebuild it yourself and was it hard and where did you get your parts
if you don't care I would to pm me your number so we could talk