head porting flow

have you tested step-up, step-down, and constant diameter headers in a turbo application so see which performs best?

No, have you? It just seems counter-intuitive as far as design goes for transmitting the most energy to the turbine.

No, have you? It just seems counter-intuitive as far as design goes for transmitting the most energy to the turbine.

I haven't... I was just curious if you had... turbine housings sure do taper down a fair amount before the exhaust gas first touches the turbine wheel

turbine housings sure do taper down a fair amount before the exhaust gas first touches the turbine wheel

Indeed. I guess I am saying why threaten an increase in drive pressure and possible poor flow characteristics when trying to create some type of nozzle effect, when you could just run a more sensible design and let the taper in the turbo be the nozzle.

who's manifold are you running again? isn't it tubular?

yes, running the polydyn header. I feel like I could get away with a smaller diameter primary and be fine at my power level... but, I wouldn't want to restrict flow at the head flange, so a step down or a continuous taper might help