Head Removal?

jdgleason

Hey Guys I am getting ready to pull the head off a 92 to replace the gasket. Its a little leaky and my buddy is going to moab with his crawler soon. I am pretty new to cummins being a ford guy. Any pointers you could give me? Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it!

although i've not done it myself but i'm sure i could no probem. my buddy has and it was pretty easy, when you get to the back their are wholes in the cowl where you can get to the head bolts other than that you may need some muscle

Cherry picker sure makes it much easier than the whole muscle thing.

Easy to do just need to take your time.

Not that you need instructions on how to do it but never hurts to research a little and give yourself a full day so there is no rush to get it done.

pull valve covers, take small bolts out of rocker stands FIRST then the headbolts, pull rest of headbolts, pull injector lines and injectors then its little stuff like a couple ground wires maybe and a heater hose. Pretty simple, clean the head and block good then put it back together.

Thanks Guys! Pretty straight forward....no rubber plugs to pull the push rods its a first gen. I really appreciate the help!

Anyone know how to test the fuel cut off solenoid? Or know the exact wiring?

If its got the VE pump (whick it should) I'm pretty sure there's just one wire going to the solenoid and as long as it has power it should get fuel. When you shut the key off it kills the power to the solenoid therefore shutting off fuel.