Head Studs and Install

Frans96ss

how much does it usually cost for the head studs and install..... mainly just the install i dont think i feel like doing it..... i have a lift and all the tools in the world but just not confident lifting the cab off....i own a shop and build camaros and corvettes all day long but trucks are just not my thing.... and also anyone around my area that would do the install? im half tempted to take it down to DJ and Vivian haha......

If you are within driving distance I would have DJ do it. Atleast you know it will be done right the first time

eek..That's a long drive, not as long as mine but still a long drive

I was quoted about $2000.00 plus any abnormal parts that may be needed.

This is from my dealership in Canada.

hmmm... 2 grand or 30 hours roundtrip to sunny florida?

I would make the drive to DJ if I had to. He took care of my headstuds about 2 months ago. Now I am saving for the next step.

BFD99 said:
hmmm... 2 grand or 30 hours roundtrip to sunny florida?

What??? You mean DJ will do it for free??

Ok, so I drive down there, I still have to pay him to do it, and with the exchange, it could cost me even more than $2000.00

I would love to drive to Florida, the wife would prolly go too.

But I don't see a price on DJ's website for just getting studs installed. (I already have the studs...just need them installed)

Prolly upgrade to a X cal 2 at the same time. (Vivian and I have already talked...)

Just Googled it...4206 Km's. 1 way. Thats close to, or just over, 2000 miles 1 way.:bang :umno:

He would have to do it for free...:hehe:

4000 miles at 30 miles to the gallon and paying 2.75 a gallon would only cost you 550 dollars...

50stangpower said:
4000 miles at 30 miles to the gallon and paying 2.75 a gallon would only cost you 550 dollars...

Who is getting 30 mpg?

nummit said:
Who is getting 30 mpg?

haha seriously.... im talking about a truck with a chip not a honda..... i get like 12.5 towing something and about the same around town.... prob 15 at the very most on the way down to florida.....

We have been working on getting more shops, across the country, involved in installing products for the 6.0L. We have one that should be opening up in the next couple of months in Indiana. The gentleman is a diesel tech who worked for Ford and is scheduled to come down to Ocala for training on installing our products. Sort of a diesel school with DJ as teacher. Wonder how that will work out :bang :bang LOL I think it's time to get out of Dodge, I mean Ocala :dead-horse-fast2:

I have spoken to many people who are looking for affordable installations and some shops are charging way too much. And the work done is lacking.

Our idea is sort of like a United Parcel Service but more like a United Performance Service where we will institute only reputable companies and pricing will be the same across the board. We are only in the initial stages. You will deal directly with the shop on the installation. DJ's will not quote or make any $$ on the installation. Our involvement will only be to make recommendations to firms that will charge reasonable prices and do quality work.

Thanks,
Vivian :ford:

Last edited:
well yoiu guys are always good in my book

p.s. with my sct how do i correct my speedo for my 35in tires? pm me if need be. thanks!
brandon