Heater exchange metal lines

mopar440cu

Knowledge Seeker
Have any of you changed your metal heater exchange coolant lines that run under the exhaust manifold to make more room for the 3 piece exhaust manifold? See attached pic of where I am pointing to. The piping is really tight and close to it. The new turbo wont bolt down all the way due to the transmission cooling line I am pointing to. The metal tubing is lodged between it and the exhaust manifold and it will not bend. Can I simply cut the metal tube at the front of the motor and at the back where it goes into the cooler and add a hose in between the cuts to give more play. This way I can move it away from the exhaust manifold also, which I think would be a good idea. What do you all think?:nail:

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 0
I made new lines to resolve a similar issue. I used a 12 valve tube and stretched it and bought the hose that goes from 1inch to 5/8 (I think that is the correct measurements) from the back of the water neck from stainless diesel. I believe stainless diesel and source automotive offer that in a bolt on “kit”. My truck is a g56 setup so I’m not 100% about the trans cooler situation

Thanks, I think I will try 5/8” heater hose to replace the metal lines.

Back