Heater grid delete spacer. WOW!

CL2000

Well my bud just called me when I got off work and told me to come by his shop. I got there and he has a billet spacer that replaces the heater grid.I put it on and to tell the truth I can tell a differance egts lower and spools a bit faster!

07b6_1.jpg

Your kidding me right? That little itty bitty grid heater is causing that much restriction? I'm not calling you a liar, just finding it hard to believe.

Dead serious... I really can tell. Have you looked at the heater grid how pluged up it is?

Yeah I have but I can't believe that just by eliminating those grids that it would cause that big of a difference. Maybe I'll go pick one up out of a junk yard and rip them out and see if I can tell a difference. Doubt it though cause my EGT gauge just sits on the peg. LOL

Well the center is larger than a stock one and I have the same egt problems but they really climb slower.

This is interesting. Very interesting. I would have never guess that that little piece of metal would actually make a difference. I expected it to be the same as a tornado or something. Now you've really got me curious. Time to bust out the dremel. LOL

I think it is going to result different on trucks. I think if you have a lot of air it will help out vs a stock to mild truck......

Well I'm running a 62/12 which is soon to be either a silver 62 or a 62/s400 setup. Either way, I'm spraying nitrous so I need all the air I can get.

That's a nice looking heater grid delete, I know a guy with a 3rd gen he said he could tell some difference.

Justin

Interesting. Two people who said they've noticed a difference. I've gotta try this out.

I've heard good things about it too....but I'm with you Tyler...seems like a stretch to me. But Lord knows before long I will try it out, seems I am like that with everything.

Why put a space in there? What about shortening the CAC pipe/tube and bolt the Intake Horn directly to the head?

guys have seen as much as 5-10hp on a dyno and a loss of around 5psi of boost (measured at the intake horn)....that shows the restriction of the grid heater

i had a guy here make one for me and it's true a little quicker spool and a little drop in EGT's....not much but every little helps

Scott

Nothing for the 12 valves, but you could just get the intake plate from a 24 valve and use one of these, the cr ones are also in the work. They are $80. Scott Ill have to look at my boost on the way to work today and see where it is now.

what do you to with the grid heater wires when you swap them out...wont they still be energized when you turn the key on?