Heater grid delete spacer. WOW!

getblown5.9 said:
what do you to with the grid heater wires when you swap them out...wont they still be energized when you turn the key on?
Just tape them up individually and tuck them away in the harness. I have one from Poole and GDP makes em too. I can't honestly tell on my truck, but the grid heater is usless in TEXAS and definately a restriction.

on a 12v you just take the grid out of the hole and plug the bolt hole back up once its done 24v and cr's are in a seperate block are block is solid to the head but once you take the grid out it is the same thing they are doing.

looks great and I believe there's one with my name on it at the shop--it might be RED-----chris

I made one for my truck 3 years ago. I could not tell any differance other than harder to start. I took it out when temps became an issue in the morning and never put it back in. I never dynoed before/after, but seat of the pants there was no gain.

I tried one on a dyno and there was no HP gain or loss....... TQ was the same as well.

Mine was just the ricer in me coming out.. I only took mine out to get rid of the wires in the harness and the excess junk. I hate clutter. I moved the batteries out of the engine bay also.

Jetpilot said:
I tried one on a dyno and there was no HP gain or loss....... TQ was the same as well.

Any diff in EGTs or spool up?

Jetpilot said:

Same here. Couldn't tell any difference in egt's or spool up either.

Last edited:
I made one out of pholenic only 1in in height and it soaks the heat up really well , I'm making one for the intake plate itself to keep the heat off the lines , now heat soak is still there say after 5 mins ,

Well I just got word that they have these for CR and hope to get on the dyno this week. I know that Adams truck (the owner) made more power with a ATS intake horn vs the stock horn....Ill let you guys know what happens and try to get some dyno sheats....

some one once told me that they had gotten more horsepower and tq on a 12v with the big single ATS intake than they did with the twin ram banks manifold. COuld this be true??

Lance