Heater problem

RafterN

when i have my heater on max blower it starts blowing cool air but when i turn it back down to the number 1 an 2 blower it blows hot air again...what could be the problem

Flush the heatercore out in reverse. Its probably just not flowing enough. Mine did the same thing until I washed it out.

yep..... what he said!!! I would flush it both ways until you quit getting stuff out

I have one for ya . Same thing with a truck I got , did the flush both ways on the core (it wasent pluged good flow both ways ) didn't work , new T-stat ,cardboard to block some air flow ,new fan clutch ( sometimes they stick and cool to much )didn't work , not it . checked core lines in and out with a laser temp gun 198 on one and 187 onthe outher , the dash controls work fine , tryed everything but pulling the heater box (that's next ) there's some thing in there that's gotta be it .

Take the hoses loose from the piping on top of the manifold and just use a water hose to flow thru one side and then do the same thing on the other side. Turn the hose on high and try to make it seal so you can move alot of water thru it fast. You will see a nasty baby poo greenish yellow colored gunk come out. Keep switching hoses until you see nice clean, clear water. Hook the hoses back up, top off the radiator and see what happens.

You probly need a new heater core. Sorry. I just did mine after a year with the same problems as the op. Mine also had good flow, and was hot on both input and output hoses, but.... somehow the core can plugg up and it will just gi right in the inlet and back out the outlet. Its not a bad job. also the a/c evap core gets plugged full of crap in the fins and restricts flow. hope this helps.

Well I washed it out this Morning. It wasn't dirty at all. I dont know what the problem was. It works fine now. Thanks guys I appreciate the help

Cash is the preferred payment method! LOL
Glad it worked out for ya.