HEAVY duty trailer tire info

I just went to the tire store and told them I wanted a 14 ply rated trailer tire. They said here you go. They are rated for something around 3400 each IIRC. I can look and give you a brand and size tomorrow if you like. I think Avantire or something like that makes them. I have them on my flatbed. The stock trailer is a different brand. I'll look.

I fixed it. :D

So, if you have the tounge wieght correct at about 15% or so, that leaves #9979 divided by 4 = #2494 add 20% = 2992 per tire. Therefore, a standard 235/85R16E, 10 ply rated tire, rated at 3042 each would be fine. $.02

:hehe: Did you fail math or trying to make this more complicated that it has to be? LOL J/K

that is the problem,...those won't fit,...so your math works in theory,..but only for that tire,...which doesn't fit because of it's height...I can find 18 wheeler tires all day long that have a awesome load factor,..but it's useless info if they don't fit...LOL

find me a tire that is 28.6" tall, that has a rating of 3,800lbs,....good luck,...the company I posted is the only one in existance(that I found)...

GALAXY 9-14.5" LT
Heavy Duty Tire, L.R. "G"
STOCK #: 1619067

Load Range: G (14-ply rating)
Max. Capacity: 3840 lbs.
Overall Diameter: 28.6"
Maximum PSI: 116 lbs.

Price: $169.00

Trailer Parts Superstore - Heavy-Duty 'LT' Truck/Trailer Tires Only

I already ordered the tires and wheels,...but if I thought I could have squeezed these in...I would have got these instead.

HERCULES 215/75R-17.5" LT
Heavy Duty Tire, L.R. "H"
STOCK #: 1619071
HERCULES Tire
Load Range: H
Max. Capacity Single: 4,805 lbs.
Maximum PSI: 125 lbs.
Overall Diameter: 29.75"
HERCULES brand trailer tire

Price: $224.00

Last edited:
Bias ply, yuck. What are you doing for wheels? They have some hybrid 6 bolt wheel that will fit that tire or are you switching to 8 bolt drums?

I ordered 14.5" , 6 bolt wheels from that company with the tires.

Are you pretty sure they will clear the fenderwell on the inside since that is a wider tire? Sometimes they have clearance back there and sometimes they don't.

it will clear,...I wish I could have put the 17.5 tires and wheels on it,....but they were just too big.

trailerawning.jpg

000_0112.jpg

trailershop.jpg

trailerkitchen2.jpg

trailerkitchen1.jpg

trailerbathroom.jpg
[/QUOTE
i like that trailer