Heavy Truck Twin Choices- Drag Racing

Heavy Racer Twinset

• Total voters

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Heavy 4wd QC Duallie- 24V with a hairy P-pump. 8000lbs.

Pick the twinset.:thankyou2:

Last edited:
I am leaning on the 66/400 set-up but would like to hear popular opinions, Nathan feel free to chime in your unbiased thoughhts also.

Since you're spraying I would consider an external gate on a 62/s480 setup. $.02

the 94 we run has a 64 over an S4 with a 160 pump and runs 11.7s on all fuel its a great setup if you ask me the truck weighs right at 6000

revolutiondsl said:
the 94 we run has a 64 over an S4 with a 160 pump and runs 11.7s on all fuel its a great setup if you ask me the truck weighs right at 6000
Seeking very low 11's- VERY LOW! Possibly scratch a 10 LOL What S4 is that you run? S400? S480?:poke:

RacinDuallie said:
Heavy 4wd QC Duallie- 24V with a hairy P-pump. 8000lbs.

Pick the twinset.:thankyou2:

Your going to need a bigger set of twins than what you have listed.

A Hybred 40 over a Big Brother :rockwoot:

But I like old school :bow:

MADDOG said:
Your going to need a bigger set of twins than what you have listed.
We've been discussing this also Richard, I may have an edit on the poll for a different set. I will be spraying alot too.:thankyou2:

66 over a S510 if you want to get to the 10's. 12v's love air and a lot of it.

Idaho CTD said:
66 over a S510 if you want to get to the 10's. 12v's love air and a lot of it.
I think it's going to be a p-pumped 24valve

Why big twins on a truck with juice????? More power can be obtained by using a good single on nitrous than using twins. I certainly wouldn't go big...... I would go with a good spooling 62mm turbo and a variant of and s400. Spoolup is going to be important and large twins just don't spool fast, especially with static timing!

Now if were looking for #2 only, do as Nathan says!

Last edited:
****ty :)

As Doug has said, if you want to do it on a lot of NOS keep the twins smaller with big external gates for the nitrous hits (a 62 with a 80mm S400 would be good). Or you can run a mid size set with a smaller NOS hit (A 64mm with a 88mm S400/S4T/etc.). Mid to upper 11's at 8000lbs on fuel would still be cool. For straight fuel go with the 66/S510. Whatever I used I would still use big external gates of at least 44mm.

Thanks for your input Nathan. . . External gates are planned no matter what size I decide to run...