Helix 2 vs MaxSpool? Opinions

Haven't ran the MaxSpool, only the Helix 2's in CR's and 12v's. Seemed to make a bigger difference in the CR due to the EGR-like stock CR cams- much less EGT and quicker spool.

Is anyone running aftermarket push rods?

Had my Helix2 in now for a few months. Nothing but good things to say so far. Kind of hard to tell how much difference the cam itself makes because i did a few things at once. Motor sounds much smoother though, and my charger lights extremely fast for its size.

joefarmer said:
Haven't ran the MaxSpool, only the Helix 2's in CR's and 12v's. Seemed to make a bigger difference in the CR due to the EGR-like stock CR cams- much less EGT and quicker spool.

Is anyone running aftermarket push rods?

does anyone make aftermarket push rods? just wondering

farmboysdiesel said:
Have the Max Spool II now - had the Helix 2 and had issues and have pics to prove it.

Gus, lets get the facts straight here.

Yes, you destroyed a Helix 2 cam. You ran your truck with a cracked block for months. You overheated it more than one time from the water leaking out of the side of the 53 block. I have a dyno run on video of you making over 750 HP, while you are pouring nitrous to it and water is pouring onto the dyno room floor. Olee told me of several times of the drive between your house ( you call it a shop ) and Olees shop where the truck would run hot.

When you finally decided to pull the engine down and build a new one, you found the bad cam. When you sent the cam to me, I sent it to the manufacturer for testing. Their report was that the engine was run hot, the oil was run hot and this caused a break down of the lubricant film between the lobe and the tappet.

I told you "the cam would not be covered and the reason was you had abused it. I cant pay for you to run an engine around with water leaking out and overheating it" Your very words were: "get me the cam warrantied or the pictures are going upon the internet of the damage"

It seemed easier to me at the time to just warranty the damn thing and forget the whole mess. I gave you another cam, for free. You played a nasty game of extortion and won that go round.

Even though you received a new replacement cam, you still come on here and countless other websites to talk bad about the cam you had. The one you destroyed.

I think everybody has seen that video of the truck pouring water out on the dyno while getting the snot flogged out of it. LOL

Gus, I have asked you countless times to get my logo removed from your webpage and you have still failed to do so. You are not a dealer for me and never have been.

The horsepower and track times you have listed in your signature was done using Olees engine work, turbo work, my injectors and camshaft, but you still hold on to those numbers as though your current parts are the reason you made them. The truth is, the truck made those numbers with the cam and injectors you bad mouth daily.

Now get my logo off your page.

lmills said:
I think everybody has seen that video of the truck pouring water out on the dyno while getting the snot flogged out of it. LOL

I have...fun to watch, but I don't think I could bring myself to do that:D

At least it's at the top of his list Don :hehe:
Chris

I have Max Spool Cam, Works Wonders, no problems here, Lower EGT's, Faster Spool even on twins.:rockwoot:

i have the max spool2 on an 05 comon rail,hope to hit a yno this week,love the cam ,greg was a big help,no experience with the don m cams but have friends who lovethem...

Dazed&Confused said:
Anyone know of a website with more info on the Max Spool cam?

Andy
PM CompD member Comp461 he'll eitherwant to call you direct or PM you the info you need- pretty qwick about it too........

That Guy said:
Greg is selling Max Spool pushrods.

Greg is also awaiting an order to re-stock these..........:evil My name is on the list awaiting................:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: someone go kick that delivery guy in his arse.....LOL

RacinDuallie said:
PM CompD member Comp461 he'll eitherwant to call you direct or PM you the info you need- pretty qwick about it too........

Thanks alot man.

Andy

That Guy said:
LOL :blahblah1: LOL Don't compare those two things please, your truck and works well.
ok.......lets see how smart you are?

your truck goes how fast?

my truck goes how fast?

and the verdict is.........you have no clue what your talking about.

Last edited:
Back