Hello from England!

NRS91

Hello everyone,
im from Nr Manchester in the UK.
I have just fitted a 12v Cummins with a HX35 with VE pump to my Land Rover 90.
Heres some vids of it: Cummins Land Rover 90

Ive come on here looking for info on Compound turboing... i want to keep the HX35 (which makes 40psi already) and then add a low pressure turbo (HX40 or HX50) to keep making 40-50psi but keeping the HX35 in range. Im not after a great deal of boost as its a standard engine thats spent its life only making 10psi haha.

Thanks
Nick

I felt that was a better welcome than "G'day Mate, Throw Another Shrimp On The Barbie"

But Seriously, Welcome. Plenty of knowledge on here.

Thats a very badass rig youve got there.

I felt that was a better welcome than "G'day Mate, Throw Another Shrimp On The Barbie"

But Seriously, Welcome. Plenty of knowledge on here.

Thats a very badass rig youve got there.

lol im from England mate ;)

aye ive been reading a fair few threads on here today thats why ive joined... hope to get some advice for compound turboing... but you boys are running big numbers im just after a reliable and perky set up as i think 40psi is stretching the HX35. as my truck is only 2000kg i dont need the 600hp and 1200 ft/lb you guys have as ill twist the frame and shred all the transmission (only running a ZF S5-42 and Land Rover Transfer box).

Have a look at the latest vid with the new injectors in that was filmed on Thursday and its making a proper noise!

What turbine housing is it equipped with currently?

im not greatly sure... its a standard turbo off a 210hp ERF EC6 but i dont think that will mean much to you stateside... id hazard a guess at 12mm but how can i check?

I would assume the HT3B's can be had over there. A turbo from about any 12L engine would be about right for the low pressure in the compounds.

I would assume the HT3B's can be had over there. A turbo from about any 12L engine would be about right for the low pressure in the compounds.

but what sort of power would that be making? im looking to stay in the 40-50psi range but have a punchy response for acceleration and towing. Like i mentioned before its a a Land Rover which weighs bugger all so i dont need/want big power figures... just fancy compounding it for a challenge and to give the HX35 an easier life at top end lol.

I've done a couple set ups for guys wanting extremely quick spool up.
A HY9 over a 68mm S400 with a .8 t4 housing spools like lightning, but can cause drive pressure issues on the top end if running flat out.

A 71mm s400 would be a good choice to hang under your 35 but a 16cm turbine housing would be benificial.

I've done a couple set ups for guys wanting extremely quick spool up.
A HY9 over a 68mm S400 with a .8 t4 housing spools like lightning, but can cause drive pressure issues on the top end if running flat out.

A 71mm s400 would be a good choice to hang under your 35 but a 16cm turbine housing would be benificial.

16cm on the s400? and like mentioned i want about 40psi and quick spooling but low drive pressures... the hx35/s400 is commonly used around 50-60psi isnt it? so wouldnt it be laggy when dialled down?

aye ive been reading a fair few threads on here today thats why ive joined...

Did anybody else read this in a pirate's voice? :hehe:

Welcome to the site! :D

We seem to have quite a few "across the pond" members now.

Did anybody else read this in a pirate's voice? :hehe:

Welcome to the site! :D

We seem to have quite a few "across the pond" members now.

haha its farmer talk ;) and thanks for the warm welcome... theres a few of us nutters squeezing them into land rover frames

I spent all last week in Canada....I've been drivin' my co-worked nuts with the "eh" all day today. :hehe:

I spent all last week in Canada....I've been drivin' my co-worked nuts with the "eh" all day today. :hehe:

haha if i go to Stoke-On-Trent too much i start calling everyone "duck" but i dont think that colloquialism translates to you guys haha

16cm on the s400? and like mentioned i want about 40psi and quick spooling but low drive pressures... the hx35/s400 is commonly used around 50-60psi isnt it? so wouldnt it be laggy when dialled down?

16cm on your HX35. The s471 should probably use a 1.32ar housing.

This is the English that I hear when someone says they are from England.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cun-LZvOTdw&sns=em"]Hot Fuzz (4/10) Movie CLIP - Sea Mine (2007) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Welcome to the madness amigo!
Glad to have you on the forum; and were all loony, just some more than others.

Back