Help Building Traction Bars!!!

dodgeram2500

i had recently built a set a bars or my 01. i made a bracket that bolted to the bottom of the u-bolts and another set of brackets and welded them to the frrame. the bars are about 7ish feet end to end. when i installed them they didnt help me at all? wheel hop is really bad, still. it does not matter how you take off or shift ( light or heavy throttle ) how are you guys mounting yours? i have pictures of mine but i cant figure out hou to resize them. if you want i can e-mail them to you. i thought it might be better to have an axle bracket that welded to the axle, but not sure what to do about the frame end. the bars only have one attachment point on each end. would 2 at the axle be better? any help is appreciated.:st:

I'm pretty sure the setup you have is the way most of us are doing it. I don't think there would be an advantage to welding brackets to the rear. Did you "load" the bars?

i had recently built a set a bars or my 01. i made a bracket that bolted to the bottom of the u-bolts and another set of brackets and welded them to the frrame. the bars are about 7ish feet end to end. when i installed them they didnt help me at all? wheel hop is really bad, still. it does not matter how you take off or shift ( light or heavy throttle ) how are you guys mounting yours? i have pictures of mine but i cant figure out hou to resize them. if you want i can e-mail them to you. i thought it might be better to have an axle bracket that welded to the axle, but not sure what to do about the frame end. the bars only have one attachment point on each end. would 2 at the axle be better? any help is appreciated.:st:

Right click on your attachment & go down to "resize picture". Click on medium & it will create a new file in smaller size, then upload that file.

how would i load the bars? i already tried to resize them but there is no "resize" when i right click

Basically you want to extend the bars a little bit to put some tension on the axle...keep it in a "locked" position.

Hard to say. I'd tighten them up then maybe go 1/2 turn or so further. Make sure both sides are even.

Well then how do you determine what length they should be? There shouldn't be slop in them I wouldn't think...

mine are loose, completely, and a sized for the truck. guessing will result in bars that work, but not in ones that work the best.

no matter what size they are, wheel hop should be gone.

i preloaded them a little to the rear and still had wheel hop. going to try loose?????:what:

send me the pics and i'll post em.

i just built a set last night for my buddy and kinda did it the same way as you i just took the axle saddle off and welded tabs right to that. then i welded a bracket to the frame. his were 6.5' long w/ a poly bushing on one end and a heim on the other. is the bolt you have for each end snug inside the hole?

5 feet is long enough...but yours should work fine.

What is the pipe/tube diameter?

i use 1 1/2" 1/4" wall dom. i always use dom tubing, i just feel i can sleep a little better at night.

give me your e-mail address and i can send them to you. i am computer dumb! the bars are made of 1.5" o.d. .25" wall dom. they are not just one single bar. i am using very hard bushings and the bolts are very snug.

Back