HELP - Charging Issue.. once again!

you think your grid heater is acting up and drawing down the voltage? Hell it should not even be coming on but who knows?

Don't have one, I still have the relay to keep codes from coming up, but I havent had a grid heater in over a year.

I think im going to have to yank the alternator and have the shop go through it again

I think I fixed it... I had the airdog power wire sandwiched between the charge wire from alternator and the positive terminal, I guess the alternator didn't appreciate pushing it's charge thru that little tiny terminal connector prior to getting to the terminal. Situation corrected...

hopefully that was it

I think I fixed it... I had the airdog power wire sandwiched between the charge wire from alternator and the positive terminal, I guess the alternator didn't appreciate pushing it's charge thru that little tiny terminal connector prior to getting to the terminal. Situation corrected...

hopefully that was it

That didn't fix it, but maybe, just maybe i really fixed it this time...

I built and installed a new "charge" wire from the alt to the battery, out of the best "gold plated" terminals and nice 8Ga wire, soldered and shrink-wrapped all up and hooked it up to the side posts on my optima all by itself... so far so good...

this truck might catch on fire soon if this problem keeps going... getting pretty fed up with it

I had the same issue. I also removed my passenger battery and it went dead a few weeks ago. I replaced it with a red top optima and the blinky blinky began. After checking connections, rechecking and then checking again, i finally decided to replace the optima with a new interstate--two weeks later it hasent missed a lick! Its kinda bs that a 200 dollar battery wont run my truck but a 100 dollar battery will.

lol i replaced my one red top with two yellow.. so far so good..

i wonder how long it will "work". lol hopefully this takes care of it for you though bud.