Help from the Dodge guys

Sprman

Stock SUCKS!!!!
Have an 06 that we are looking to get a little better mpg and little power. Don't want anything extreme though. What would be the best intake, exhaust, and programmer to achieve this? Just want something simple. Do the stock intakes provide sufficient flow for a mile upgrade? I have the SCT on my 6.0 leaker and noticed that they are making them for Dodges now, any one use them yet? Thanks in advance.

You could always just drop in a replacement filter and use the stock housing for your intake and save some cash. I don't know about exhaust. There are hundreds of options. Get a 4 inch cat back (or 5 inch if you ever think you'll mod the truck more). Any chip will give you more power and then you'll hot rod it and waste more fuel. $.02 The "milage" upgrade never works. :D

Have an 06 that we are looking to get a little better mpg and little power. Don't want anything extreme though. What would be the best intake, exhaust, and programmer to achieve this? Just want something simple. Do the stock intakes provide sufficient flow for a mile upgrade? I have the SCT on my 6.0 leaker and noticed that they are making them for Dodges now, any one use them yet? Thanks in advance.

A Diable Preditor would be a good economical choice for a fair price, Smartys are one of the best programers but are lil more $$$ and Simple AFE Intake would be justifyable. Along with a 4"-5" Magna Flow or MBRP exhaust.

Brett

the 06 trucks already come with a 4" exhaust. just kill the cat and add an aftermarket muffler. as for the intake throw a drop in filter and at the bottom of the stock air box cut a 3" hole, if you perfer. if your not going to do anything extreme on the tunning side look at modules. they are often cheaper than programmers. there are several mileage modules out there. i havent heard much abot sct programmers on a dodge but aresupped to be nice on teh fords.

Yea, the SCT is great on the fords and that is what i was wondering. I have the SCT and love it. The intake i was thinking that we could get away with an drop in and be fine. I know about the mileage "upgrade" it works for about 10 min or so if your lucky then it all goes up in smoke.:st: On the exhaust, is the whole exhaust 4" or does it go to 3.5" toward the tip? We measured it and it was right at 3.5". We were drinking a little so we might not have read it right:doh: Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

It's 4" from the turbo all the way back so no sense in spending money on a new exhaust. A straight through muffler would work just fine.

I would go with a more proven dodge specific programmer over the sct. Its kinda like the ppe and chevys and the sct on fords. Quadzilla and edge both make cheap little mileage only boxes.

You could replace the stock air filter with an aftermarket one(keep the stock box), replace the muffler, and check out something like the quadzilla mileage box.

AFE stage 2 is a nice- there are a couple DIY filter systems that work well. 4" exhaust is great, need a muffler and a hole through your cat :p. Bullydog on performance/tow econ would work really well, and you can pick them up used for 250-300. Probably best bang for the buck.