Help! Fuel Filter change, No Start?

tatkins85

Hey guys I went to give the truck a tune up and didn’t get very far before the truck would no longer start :bang. All I did so far was take the air intake off, added some sea foam to the oil and intake manifold while it was running, turned it off when a bunch of white smoke started coming out from the sea foam and let it sit for 30 mins. Went to take off the fuel filter to change it but could not get it off, spun the thing on the bottom of the fuel filter a couple times while messing with it. decided to start the truck and give the fuel filter a brake before trying to get it off again to let the sea foam burn out of the truck but it would start just turns over. So a figured it had something to do with the fuel filter so I figured it would be fixed after just changing it. So I got the fuel filter off and put the new one on and also changed the oil while it was sitting there. And it still does not start. Any ideas? :what:

you need to prime it, loosen one injection line until straight diesel starts coming out with no bubbles, then tighten it up and it should start pretty quick

you need to prime it, loosen one injection line until straight diesel starts coming out with no bubbles, then tighten it up and it should start pretty quick

so you think it needs to be primed even though it wouldnt start before i took the fuel filter off? ill try it in the morning. thanks.

thanks for the help. i found the problem. loose wire on the fuel shut off solenoid.