Help Major HP Problem 06CR

inline only

wanna be
Truck hasn't seemed to run right, Had it on the Dyno Yesterday and it should be at least 700 hp. The most we could squeeze out is 563hp. The Guy with the dyno had a DRB or DBR tool (can't remember) but anyway the Calculated engine load will not go over 27%. He said its usually 100. Anyone have any ideas? Also he noticed with the Scan tool it said the PTO was on. Anybody know if that will cause this problem?

Whats my HP problem? 06CR

Truck hasn't seemed to run right, Had it on the Dyno Yesterday and it should be at least 700 hp. The most we could squeeze out is 563hp. The Guy with the dyno had a DRB or DBR tool (can't remember) but anyway the Calculated engine load will not go over 27%. He said its usually 100. Anyone have any ideas? Also he noticed with the Scan tool it said the PTO was on. Anybody know if that will cause this problem?

x2, what mods, takes quite a bit to break into 700 territory, what kind of dyno was it and has the dyno operator dyno'd a lot of diesels and gotten them to load up good ?

mine is the same way, don't know about the load percentage, but dyno's horribly

That truck should easily be over 700 hp. ITs the old fine finish truck that Jeff Kline had. Truck has several dollars & hours in it.

That truck should easily be over 700 hp. ITs the old fine finish truck that Jeff Kline had. Truck has several dollars & hours in it.

Yeah, in that case it should break 700 pretty easy.

What kind of boost were you seeing on the dyno vs boost at the track or on the street?

Has more done to it than last years truck on same dyno. With lots of dyno experience. Last years truck went 715. This one is doing 563 at 27% calculated engine load, was just wondering if anyone had any ideas why the calculated load was reading that low. Not wondering what HP i sould have according to my mods, but thanks.

what do you use for electronics ? Maybe it's defueling ?

I meant where they reading from the obd-II port or a magnetic pick up read off the pulley?

have you used this dyno before? dyno dynamics have a reputation for giving low numbers, especially in a turbocharged application. Get it on a dynojet...

have you used this dyno before? dyno dynamics have a reputation for giving low numbers, especially in a turbocharged application. Get it on a dynojet...

Has more done to it than last years truck on same dyno. With lots of dyno experience. Last years truck went 715. This one is doing 563 at 27% calculated engine load, was just wondering if anyone had any ideas why the calculated load was reading that low. Not wondering what HP i sould have according to my mods, but thanks.

Wish i could help but there is something not quite right with the truck and hope you get it figured out scott. That dyno is fairly accurate with a dynojet.

Could there be something wrong with the smarty or maybe ecm.

weird.i know there was ecm load issues in the 03-04 ecm. your truck looks like a 06 and up so that problem to my knowledge is obsolete to your ecm from what i understand. assuming your running a smarty, try and re upload the program from your computer and then to the truck. fixed my issues in my 03

i just re-read the original post and misinterpreted a section... if the scan tool you had connected to the truck said calculated engine load was only 27%, there is a problem with the electronics on the truck... almost like pod is turned down on the smarty.. possibility?

Back