help me new problem

Green Monster

Ok my truck has set for a little over a week ive been riding my motorcycle. i decided to drive my truck to work today, i jumped in it to go and turned the key waited on the wait to start light to go out and started to crank it was turning over so slow it wouldnt start. the batteries were almost dead so i rode my motorcycle to work and got home hooked up my battery chargers to each battery for about 45 minutes and with them still running i tryed to start the truck with alittle work she fired up. So what would cause the batterys to be sucked dead that fast. my truck sets for weeks at a time and up till now i have never had a problem with it. i pulled the fuel heater relay out it clunked like it was stuck on or something, so i left it out and pulled the fuse for it. but im looking for other reasons that would cause this problem. batterys are less than 1 year old their red top optimas. altornator is also less than a year old and once i got the truck started i checked it with a meter its chargeing just as it should. so please lend me a hand figuering this out. thanks for the info to come.

Take the pass side batt out and have it tested I understand they are not that old but there have been a some warrantee issues with them . The reason I am saying to check the pass side is that is the main starting batt. Rich

I checked the batterys today it set over night after i charged them to get it started their showing 11 volts on my meter. It started again no problems. should i still have the batterys tested at the local autoparts store. does anyone know if the fuel heater relay should clunk when its removed from the fuse block under the hood.

I would go to the nearest parts store and have them checked make sure they disconnect 1 negative cable then both batts can be checked in the vehicle. if they both test good you may have something in the truck draining them. Rich

I've seen alternators test good with a meter, but not charge the batteries.

I don't particularly trust most parts stores test equipment either.

u can test your batters your self with your meter hook it up to one at a time and crank it and see what u have

You should check resistance (ohms) of your batters cables. If you have a bad cables or a bad ground it could make your truck slow or hard to start even with new or good batteries.