Help Me Prevent a dreadful meltdown

nottanuff03

Well I'm runnin a hot edge juice w/ attitude and a smarty tnt/R tune. I turn both all the way up well #8 on the smarty and go in and turn all the timing off just to be safe. I also run a 2.6 charger. I have about a 100 horse injector whats the opinions on this stack? the truck really seems to come to life but curious what the thoughts are? and i know i know theres better stacks but this is what i got. Thanks for the help guys

Your well on your way to a melt down.............. for starters get rid of that edge box

^^^ Don't beat around the bush,just say what you really think!LOL.......but I fully agree

I had the smarty revo with the edge box. they didn't play very well. tst box didn't either for my truck.

Fill out your sig so we all know what you got and what year truck you have, it makes a difference. I would say to get rid of the edge, the Smarty/TST stack seems to work on the 03-04 250 & 305 hp engines but not on the 04.5 and newer 325 hp engines.

I have an 03 305/555 100 horse injectors, 2.6 charger, springs ect. What is it that will cause the meltdown? just looking for a little clarity on it i guess, not that i dont believe you because i obviously dont know. Just thought if i turned the timing off in the smarty i would be ok?

Well I'm runnin a hot edge juice w/ attitude and a smarty tnt/R tune. I turn both all the way up well #8 on the smarty and go in and turn all the timing off just to be safe. I also run a 2.6 charger. I have about a 100 horse injector whats the opinions on this stack? the truck really seems to come to life but curious what the thoughts are? and i know i know theres better stacks but this is what i got. Thanks for the help guys

WATER INJECTION!!! That will "help" keep things cooler.....

WATER INJECTION!!! That will "help" keep things cooler.....

x2. I'm rebuilding my '03 right now due to "the meltdown" and it's kind of expensive. I'd rather not do it again, so I'm going to do everything I can to try and prevent it. I'm going to build a very good filtering fuel system and I'm going to add a water injection system. I'm also going to run a ported 2ng Gen exhaust manifold and ported intake horn because I've read a lot of reports in reduced EGTs from both.

Don M said that fuel contamination and water lead to all of the injector failures that he has seen and I trust him. He's seen a few sets in his day.

I'd defintely get rid of the edge! Not sayin its not a good box bcuz it is by its self but I would never stack it with anything, iv heard of more than a few melting down with edge an "programmer of your choice" seems like the timing on the edge doesn't play well with many

Id run an airdog or fass with 2 micron filters and like said dont stack the edge i dont stack anything I like reliability over the little power you might get out of stacking. Ive run a Fass for 4 years now with tight filters and change the filters evry 10 to 15k I know I could go alot longer on the filters but I see it as insurance Im getting ready to do a cam T4 manifold and an S400 so We will see but so far no problems with my 03

The edge has to go,, you are actually losing power with that on. Get a nice pressure box like the Dr P. I have experimented with the edge.. nice pedestrian unit, but not good for higher hp setups.... and it dosent stack well

Ok thanks guys, Yeah I forgot to mention that I also have a Fass and a arson kit. I've also got a 2nd gen ats manifold. along with a street cam. So i'm loosing power? wow, ok then. I really dont know anything about the DR. P so would you please tell me how to program the two together? Thanks so much guys

Just put the dr p in, run the smarty on level 8, no added pressure,, you can try 9 if you like,, just adds a little timing

So the Dr.P will just add the fuel and is a safe stack? is this a better stack than with an mp8?

I like it better.. I personally feel that the dr p is much easier on injectors. Mp8 is a good unit too,, I just think that it hits the pressure a little too hard too fast

Thanks for all the help guys, any opinions on where to run the smarty if i run a stack with the mp8 or Dr.P? for example timing setting, Torque Management, Pressure, ect. thanks for all the help guys!

Edge ez,diablo extreme puck are too good pressure boxs also like said before change ur filters frequently I recomend every 10k they are cheaper in the long run

I have an 03 305/555 100 horse injectors, 2.6 charger, springs ect. What is it that will cause the meltdown? just looking for a little clarity on it i guess, ?

back the timing all the way down - even program, and the lowest timing setting. Make sure you have good clean fuel (i.e. good filtration) so as not to damage injectors. Keep wot blasts to 10-12 seconds or less with time to cool down between runs. Make sure your wot runs aren't done while heat soaked if possible.

Fill out your sig so we all know what you got and what year truck you have, it makes a difference. I would say to get rid of the edge, the Smarty/TST stack seems to work on the 03-04 250 & 305 hp engines but not on the 04.5 and newer 325 hp engines.

i agree with you on that

the third injection even is what is killin the 04.5 and up motors causin them to melt down...

If one must stack to get their HP goals, what would be the ideal or "safest" programmer to get for a stack with a smarty?

different trucks, different programmers, different results. I am aware of this, but is there any programmer that has proven to be minimal trouble on stacking with a smarty and still gettin moderate hp? 550-650 or so?

Morkable..

more on this Dr P box if you please.. and what year is your ride? if i may ask?

i agree with you on that

If one must stack to get their HP goals, what would be the ideal or "safest" programmer to get for a stack with a smarty?

safest stack with the smarty is a pressure box of some sort. Dr. Performance, TS MP8, or Edge EZ. If you go with a dr. p box, make sure they know that you want pressure only.

From what I've seen, a pressure box won't do much good unless you have a modded cp3 or dual cp3's.