HELP!! Mystery pins in oil pan

just wondering how they popped out whole like that? last guy put em in backwards?

That's what I'm not understanding. The shoulder is still there and it doesn't look deformed or scraped. Maybe it got hot and was forced out??? I have no clue honestly. Dads exploring options right now, he doesn't want to tear into it just for squirters so he's gonna go ahead with a full rebuild or look into an already build engine. If anyone can recommend a good place let me know, I don't have the time to rebuild it myself right now.

The ones I've seen with them laying in the pan had main bearings that were grooved and wore out. Call Snedge and order a set of main bearings, rod bearings, and a lower gasket set and a new set of squirters.

Drop your oil pan and inspect the case there is no way the pin will come out maybe it was left to wander around from day one

if the engine is out and the oil pan is off couple hours you could put new shooters and bearings in if there is no other problems inside

Toss in some new bearings and a set of squirters and be done woth it..... if the motor is out ofvthe truck then half the battle is done.... pullin the crank takes all of about an hour