Help! New to dodges!

Comparing Smarty between 24 valve and Common Rail isnt much of a comparison; CR Smarty is a bad SOB. I thought putting 427hp to the tires with no other mods was pretty decent. The 24v Smarty is, what, about 65hp? CR Smarty is 170 (04.5+, 130 03-04) Plus, there arent the as many updates on Mads website for the 24v as there is the CR. Ive looked at both the C5 and TST, and whichever becomes available first for the 06.5-07s, Im stacking it with my Smarty.

So: Smarty, GAUGES, TC/VB (atleast) or clutch, AFE Stg. 2, exhaust (straightpipe or muffler, personal taste.) Oh, and a lift pump wouldnt be a bad idea either...

That comparison isnt much at all, and thats why i didnt slander the CR Smarty. I admittedly dont know anything about the CR Smarty. I researched the C5 and thats where I think I should go, I like the input in here about the CR Smarty. I might actually use the CR Smarty but in my opinon the C5 is a damn good option too. Because of the fact that I can custom tune it whenever i want with my laptop.

Is your truck a late 06? If it is, the C5 isnt even compatible for it yet. Im hoping it becomes available for my truck soon, because I wanna run it too. But I wont be getting rid of my Smarty either, guaranteed.

CWbOyRDnEcK6 said:
I trust Van Aaken's technology more because of the performance i seen from the Smarty on a 2000 Cummins. The C5 does all of the fuel pulse width adjustments, pressure, and timing. I like the fact that I can customize any of the tuning files and save as desired. It can be customized for optimal performance by laptop to perform at its peak with all other mods on the truck.

Like mentioned above this isn't equal. I have personally have had a smarty on my 01 and my 06. The smarty on the 01 I did loose about 10 peak RWHP, BUT HP and TQ came on ~300 RPM sooner then with anything else. IMO, I'll sacrifice 10 HP if HP and TQ are going to come in that much sooner. As for the 06, it does anything and everything I want and more. I'm currently running beta 4.4.

No my truck is not a late '06. After the information shared about the smarty i dont think i would be against them but IMO the C5 is the best choice for my app. and i may even get a smarty instead but i prefer the C5 as of right now.

the diablo predator makes some good power.stack it with the edge juice with attitude and hang on.you will need to upgrade the lift pump and the tranny.

volant makes a nice intake.

5"w/cat no muffler.the cat keeps the resonating(sp) down with little power loss.

as for chips im thinking about running tst/ts mp8 stack just my 2cents o yea and stacks are badass