Help out on buying decision

99_SilvrCummins

I am a Cummins guy as you can see in my sig but my father is currently looking at an 04 Chevy 2500 with the LLY Duramax.
What are the possible problems these trucks encounter?
What should I help him look for?

I have heard about the overheating problems but I could not remember if it was this year.
Thanks for all of your advice guys.
:thankyou2:

Yes there was a overheating problem in that year, but it was just kinda of a pick of the lot.... May wanna see about the injector, pending how many miles are on it... Other than that they are pretty good runners...

I am a Cummins guy as you can see in my sig but my father is currently looking at an 04 Chevy 2500 with the LLY Duramax.
What are the possible problems these trucks encounter?
What should I help him look for?

I have heard about the overheating problems but I could not remember if it was this year.
Thanks for all of your advice guys.
:thankyou2:

My buddy has a very nice and clean duramax he is tryin to sell...

Some LLY's have overheating problems but not a large percentage. Injectors hold up really well in them.

forgot to mention it has 80xxx miles on it.

One thing that my dad did mention as I did not go with him to look at the truck the first time is it has a 7 inch stack kit on it that are filled with black soot. lol I know that my stacks are full of it too :st: and it usually means I am running it pretty good and I don't know how easy it is to get a duramax to smoke so that is up to you guys to interpret?

Its not a big deal would just like to know how hard the truck was ran before we buy it.

Thanks Again