Help Please Lly Programming Issue

dwitt0187

cummins parts guy
ok so here is the story this truck needed a new motor so when put one in it. well the guy that owns the truck wanted us to put on a aftermarket turbo. so we put on a 66/71/16 from htt. well we had to delete the egr and the 2 connectors at the turbo (vgt control and vgt position sensor) well the edge juice doesnt allow for the delete of these items so i got him a ppe xcelerator to put on the truck. well now the problem is that the programmer will not up load to the truck because what ppe is telling that the where the truck has an after market radio there is some kind of a convertor or something that is messing with comenication on the programmer to the truck. does and one have a picture of what this like converter looks like. so i can un hook it and load this programmer.

sorry for the long story but this truck is starting to piss me off.

danny

if feel it is easy to talk on the phone please give me a call 859-445-1453

come on guys i really need some help here i have about 6000.00 invested in this truck and the guy is started to get upset about getting his truck back i need to get this programmer loaded on this truck.

danny

hope i helped you a little.feel free to call if i can help you out on it anymore

thanks brad im going to check what we talked about and see what happens.

danny

if it was only that easy i finally figured it out last night i had to cut a wire that goes to idatalink box for the aftermarket radio. the splice it back together after it was done loading.

danny

if it was only that easy i finally figured it out last night i had to cut a wire that goes to idatalink box for the aftermarket radio. the splice it back together after it was done loading.

danny

pulling the radio fuse would have worked fine.......

the aftermarket radio interface modules are piggy backed onto the stock radio harness, and therefore get their own power from the radio circuit. Pull the radio fuse, and it disables the aftermarket radio interface as well.......problem solved, and it takes 10 seconds.

ben