Help Please... Trans Go's BOOM

03powerstroke35

Truck runs fine in morning a 50 mile trip to Chargers game. Parked for the game get on I-15 northbound roll into throttle Huge rpm change fallowed by very very hard jult. Trans gone, Nothing works not even reverse, when the truck is on it makes a whinning noise, no visible damage. Needless to say truck was towed, What a fu^&* joke that was.

By the way it is a built suncoat ive been running for about 30,000 miles and higher stall from elite.

So WTF happend????????????????????

Well.......

Did you have park and no other gears? If so, probably an input shaft or input drum. If no park, and the truck still rolls in park, busted output shaft. Just a guess.

Your problem is that you were running a Son-Coast trans. I have yet to see a month time frame on any diesel site I'm on were there hasn't been at least one exploded Sun-Toast 5r!

I had a torque converter go in my stock trans and its sounds similar to that situation.

wow. I thought suncoast built a good trans. I have had one for 50k miles and built the chit out of it and its still perfect. Now I have jinxed myself

ive had this happen twice one time it was the input shaft and the other time the planetary gear snapped in half