Help please

Prospect3

Grippin n Rippin
Just installed a Wilson intake manifold. Deletes the grid heater n says put electric tape over wire the goes to it and to one of the cables on the passenger side battery. Didn't say which one. Driving home now and the volts have dropped down to 8 n lights are very dim. I'm checking it out but does anybody know which wire u disconnect from the battery? Truck is an 06 but the directions show either an 03-04. Any help appreciated thanks.

It's the larger wire from passenger battery positive to the solenoid on the batter tray. Just remove it and the one from the solenoid to the grid heater.

From the soleniod to the grid heater? U mean the wire that was connected to the grid heater? Thank you for responding by the way.

You either disconnected the alt wire or have a short on the grid heater. They are both connected at the passenger battery positive.

The two wires on the pass side battery are blue and green. I don't remember which is the larger one as I left the truck in a parking lot before I threw a wrench thru the windshield. I'm sorry if I come off stupid I'm still very green to all this.

Its very easy to trace the wire to each accessory so just take your time and get the right one.

Any time bud. Yes the wire that goes to the grid heater can be removed. One end is on the grid heater and the other end is on a solenoid on the passenger battery tray. Just follow it to the end. The solenoid looks like an old ford starter solenoid. There's also a wire on the other terminal of the solenoid that goes to the pos battery terminal that can be removed as well.