Help. Stranded

ruquik

Truck died in PA today. 99 5spd, 24v with adrenaline and 150 fass. Had a towing tune on it and anytime i hit a grade today it would say defueling(set to 1200* F) it would also drop a power level. Then I hit a small grade and almost immediately the power fell right off, then the truck died seconds after that. Bled 1,3,4. Took a little bit for fuel. Was gushing but still wouldn't light off.... Stuck in Downingtown PA. I have a place here to stay, but need to get truck and trailer back to DE (80 miles) by Monday.

Mods: S&B intake and horn. 4" Exhaust. Quadzilla Adrenaline with Pulse. 150gph FASS. 1/2" stainless hardline from tank to pump (removed stock filter) 3/4" drawtube.

I was pulling an empty 20' enclosed trailer

-Brad
302-258-5271

Have you tried returning it back to stock tuning?

Any codes?

Last edited:
If there was truly enough air in the lines that you needed to bleed them that's were you need to look. It doeSnt just magicly get there it came from a leak.... if it were me d check the fass and all hose/ fitting conections

no cel, key off-on-off-on-off-on produced nothing. getting a code scanner tomorrow.

I actually disconnected all the adrenaline stuff and hooked the stock stuff up and no change, so i hooked it all back up. Unless there is specifically a setting for stock, I just reset everything to defaults and put the power level to zero.

-Brad

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to see what the supply pressure is?

If there was truly enough air in the lines that you needed to bleed them that's were you need to look. It doeSnt just magicly get there it came from a leak.... if it were me d check the fass and all hose/ fitting conections

I had been pulling various hills through out the day and it was fine.

My though was it never defueled and ran itself out (possibly in combination with an overboost situation??) It wasn't a crazy tune either, just something for towing and DDing

Just thoughts.

-Brad

Check filters on the FASS, if you are having issues getting fuel to the injectors and no codes it sounds like you are not getting fuel to the VP.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge to see what the supply pressure is?

I will check the psi in the AM, The truck has always had a mechanical fuel psi gauge in it but I noticed it wasn't there when I grabbing the truck today.

Deff the first place to start.

-Brad

Is it a laramie? Odd question, but could pertain to the problem

Super base model that we added power windows to. (although the owner hooked them up for power even with key off, hasn't been a problem in over a year)

-Brad

Super base model that we added power windows to. (although the owner hooked them up for power even with key off, hasn't been a problem in over a year)

-Brad

Ok well I doubt you have a security system based problem then. I have run in to a few laramie 24v's that kinda acted in the same fasion and the power door lock fuse had popped.
Good Luck

Check the relay on the Fass, mine went bad and I had pretty much the same issues you describe. Good luck.

I agree with the fass not running. Lack of pressure and flow to the vp. Will keep watching this.

I have seen a FASS run and not pump fuel. Have you pulled the line from the VP and verified flow?