Help. Stranded

How much fuel is in the truck, if you are. Using a draw straw and its only doing it on a uphill grade, draw straw could be sucking air, just a thought, good luck

go for simple first, unless you know you got a pretty full tank, bring 5 gallons with ya, pour it in, then verify flow to your injection pump. like said above, make sure fuses, relays are good.

3/4 tank. I will pull off the fitting on the vp and verify flow. I'll try and make some vids if anything seems abnormal.

Guess I should pull the batteries and drop them of at ghetozone to be charged? I was cranking on it pretty good to bleed the air out.

-Brad

so you fueled up in DE 80 or so miles ago........ possible dirty batch fuel, took that long to plug filters......?

Drained the water seporator.....not good

instead of water I got what looks like red 30 weight.

The day just keeps getting better.

well if you filled up at a pump that was supposed to be road fuel and now have red, you most likely can report the station. Doesn't do you much good right now, sounds like time to replace filters.

well if you filled up at a pump that was supposed to be road fuel and now have red, you most likely can report the station. Doesn't do you much good right now, sounds like time to replace filters.

I'm pretty sure I know how it got there and I know it wasn't the station..(remember its not my truck, I'm borrowing it to move)

:bang

I doubt red fuel is the sole cause. Ask me how I know LOL

More than like it was just a dirty batch of fuel or two.

Last edited:
whats the temps like where the truck is? even red fuel shouldnt be like 30 weight unless its summer fuel and gelling up.

I'd say somebody put atf in the tank.

You sir are too much of a believer. I'm pretty sure there have been fuel samples from various places that have found there way into the tank.

Filters are two months old with less that 1000 miles (but it does only take one tank of bad fuel....)

A friend suggested the crankshaft positioning sensor. Anyone else think it may be that??

-Brad

Maybe, but I would only go that route if you know for a fact fuel is making it to the VP that the truck will run on.

First off, THANK YOU for everyone trying to help me get this thing back on the road.

So I am getting fuel to the IP. Unhooked the inlet line at the IP and put the key to the run posistion (to kick the FASS on for the couple second run cycle it alway does) did this twice and got over a cup of fuel.

Hooked it back up and crack the return line banjo and bump the key to run the FASS and got bubbly fuel coming out of the line.

I am getting a tach reading when cranking so it not the crankshaft posistioning sensor.

Here is a vid of the FASS pump though.

[ame="http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/ruquik/?action=view&current=1ea53f0a.mp4"]1ea53f0a.mp4 video by ruquik - Photobucket[/ame]

Just pulled codes (twice on each):bang

-Brad

Last edited:
P1688
Internal Fuel Injection Pump Controller Failure

P1689
No Communication Between ECM & Injection Pump Module

You need a VP.