Help with CP3

06megacab

Brush Puller/Beer Drinker
Im trying to install the Performax gauges and im unsure of where to plug the sensor into the cp3 in order to get fuel psi? is there a port to plug the 1/8npt into? directions that come with the gauges are no help... do i need to order a special banjo fitting?
:doh:

Thanks

Im trying to install the Performax gauges and im unsure of where to plug the sensor into the cp3 in order to get fuel psi? is there a port to plug the 1/8npt into? directions that come with the gauges are no help... do i need to order a special banjo fitting?
:doh:

Thanks

unless i'm missing something new with the Performax, the CP3 isn't where you'd want to tap. Fuel psi needs to be in the line feeding the CP3. You can T into the feed line or, if still using your stock fuel filter... you can get a metal lid with a port for the tap.

Genos garage has a nice filter housing lid with an 1/8" npt port on top, I just ordered one for my truck. Thats for a stock housing though.

after rereading the directions i found this "For Common rail cummins applications, ISSPRO offers a replacement BanjoBolt(R7882) with an 1/8" NPTF port."

why cant you tap into the banjo bolt on the cp3? there is one right? i havent looked at mine yet, but i was hoping i could just drill and tap out the head of the banjo bolt like i did on my 2000 cummins.

that filter top looks like a slick deal as well but what if you plan to add an airdog in the near future?

thanks for all the help fella's im a greeenhorn!

I could be wrong but I think the airdog system replaces the banjo on the pump anyway, I don't know much about that system, I just started looking into it myself. For now I think it would be easier to just T into the feed line