hesitation

Brandon

my truck is hesitating when im cruising the same speed for a little bit and try to speed up a little bit when i hit the gas the truck does nothing i have to let out the gas completely for a second then hit the gas again someimtes a couple times to get it to start to respond again, has anyone else had this happen or know what it is thanks

I think that Tim (Timbeaux) had a similar problem with his truck and he traced it back to the Cam Position Sensor. Have you checked to see if there are any codes? That can tell you (and us) a whole lot.

Last edited:
My truck did that when my injection pump went bad:doh: You might check the APPS (Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor).

it doesnt have any codes, the place that did my transmission work said they found a lift pump timing or something like that code but they cleared it and now the dodge dealer cant find a code, im just trying to get it fixed before warranty is out

Brandon, I posted steps to reset the APPS/TPS in the Dodge Articles forum if you don't already know this proceedure. I would try this.....

odds are that its the VP...I would bet that 99% of the trucks that experience the dead pedal have ultimately found that it was the VP.

Good luck

ob1kobi said:
odds are that its the VP...I would bet that 99% of the trucks that experience the dead pedal have ultimately found that it was the VP.

Good luck

True- but the description he detailed could also be the APPS, some call that hesitation- the dead pedal, so this proceedure mentioned is a cheap way to see if that's it. And see if any of the dreaded
codes get thrown too after the reset....

Oh definately, I would try anything before I would replace the pump, resetting the apps is free, so heck yes do try it. I'm just trying to say while I am sure your hoping for the best, as we are all, don't get your hopes up just yet. Also, since the transmission place cleared the code, unless it has acted up again there won't be a code showing again either.

Been there done that.
Had the Dead peddle thing happinging so I threw $400 at the APPS and the VP went out a week later...
So I figure I have a spare APPS just in case.

dan

yeah thats the code they said it was, that code should show a check engine light shouldnt it? if not how do i get the dealer to find the problem

thanks guys i reset the apps/tps and it didnt act up yesterday, im fixin to go out of town in it so i'll definatlyu find out this weekend if that fixed it, racinduallie yeah i got a f/p gauge it stays steady at between 12 and 14 is that normal. sorry for all the questions, im use to workin on gas motors

Brandon said:
yeah thats the code they said it was, that code should show a check engine light shouldnt it? if not how do i get the dealer to find the problem

You won't get a check engine light. Since the transmission shop cleared the code for you, its gone for now, you wont have a code until it acts up again, after it does, then have them check it and the code will be there.

Glad the reset worked for you though.

just got back from out of town it did it a couple times while i was out of town, im just gonna try to take the service manager at the dealer for a ride in it to show him whats happening, last time they said they couldnt find nothin wrong and no code, i figure if i can get it to do it with him in there he might actually look for something wrong, i want to get this fixed before my warranty runs out and its gettin close

Try that Brandon, I hope if it is the IP you can get it done under warranty, those suckers aren't cheap :(

Amen, get that sucka in there qwick...Hopefully you'll have a code this time...

Last edited:
Anything new to report Brandon?

I left out when my APPS died/VP later in the week I was 200 miles over the warranty....

Sure I could have went in there and cried a sob story and maybe got it covered but..

Long story short, this truck was bought from a local dealer by a kid that forged his moms name on the cosigner had it lifted, exhaust done and a chip added (pierced wire) and it all fell apart when his mom caught wind and the dealer had to take the truck back. Soooo. When I got it the wire had already been pierced.
I'm just saying I think it would have been a fight and I decided along time ago some things just are not worth the stress.
It's only money, just make more.

dan

Back