Hey Ford!!! THANKS!!!!!

That would be a great truck for the US, i couldn't ever figure out why ford doesn't import them to the US.

Some redneck will think that since it's a diesel it can pull his low boy with a tractor on it and we'll have Rangers on the highway grossing 25,000 lbs....that's why.

Some cowboy will think that since it's a diesel it can pull his low boy with a tractor on it and we'll have Rangers on the highway grossing 25,000 lbs....that's why.
(fixed it)

Welp, Guess I don't want one anymore then... :doh:

I'd repower a small truck before I drove that perfectly good waste of recycled :ford:/mazda metal! LOL

I am not a big ranger fan but I would let my wife drive an exploder with one of those diesels in it.

Yooper hit the nail on the head.....Diesel emissions are too expensive for the light truck market.

We had diesel Rangers overseas on base, they ran pretty damn good but man they were junk, I had a door fall off one morning. It's a crappy start to the day for sure.

The most impressive trucks over there were the the isuzu d-max trucks a bit smaller than the ranger but they were loaded up pretty well.

I've been wondering why they don't bring them over too. We have the Club Cab Diesel Rangers and Toyota Hilux's running all over the place here, and they seem to be pretty well built trucks. I know that we beat the crap out of them and with the roads here on the FOB they get a daily pounding.

Some redneck will think that since it's a diesel it can pull his low boy with a tractor on it and we'll have Rangers on the highway grossing 25,000 lbs....that's why.
I know some people that live a couple of miles form me and they are know around town for this. the have 4wd Nissans with dually rearends from older gm trucks under them and haul tractors, hay, equipment etc. Anything farm related. How nobody has gotton hurt from them doing this nobody knows.
We had diesel Rangers overseas on base, they ran pretty damn good but man they were junk, I had a door fall off one morning. It's a crappy start to the day for sure.

That would suck first thing in the morning. Even better if you were already late! LOL

Go to South America and drive one of the Toyota pick ups with the diesel. Makes you sick to not be able to buy one in the states.

Some idiot will think that since it's a diesel it can pull his low boy with a tractor on it and we'll have Rangers on the highway grossing 25,000 lbs....that's why.

I think idiot applies. There are a lot more idiots than just SOME rednecks and cowboys.

Overall...I think Rich hit the nail on the head. :D

Some redneck cowboy idiot will think that since it's a diesel it can pull his low boy with a tractor on it and we'll have Rangers on the highway grossing 25,000 lbs....that's why.

Fixed it for ya!

thank the EPA for the lack of good diesels... they're in bed with the oil companies and the auto manufacturers...

god forbid we would use long lasting reliable vehicles that are fuel efficient!!!

forgive me if i am wrong but arent the euro BIN emissions standards more thorough and restrictive than the us epa garbage? or is that only on gasoline vehicles?

bmw, audi and volkswagen, as well as every diesel light duty truck owner out there have proven time and time again that they have ZERO problems paying extra dough for a diesel in the same vehicle. i wouldnt buy a new one, but used? hell yeah, just to get 30 mpg or more and have some sort of utility to go with.