hey powerstrokers?

helvis76

i have a 2002 ford f-350 duallie with a 7.3. i also have a s&b stage 2 intake, 4" silverline exhaust, a custom quadszilla 160hp tune stacked on something small that was in the truck when i got it. it also has the pillar and gauges and a banks trans command. my question is when full power is made i get 27lbs of boost and then the wastegate opens and starts dumping boost, what can i do to eliminate this to keep building more boost? banks big head or boost fooler? also the turbo has been upgraded using various ford turbo parts. hopefully someone can give me some insight to this......:rockwoot:

Last edited:
Well lets see here, are you running a stock turbo? assuming that you are, the stocker doesent like much over 25lbs. your risking major thrust washer failure, Happened to me and it sucks. I had mine runnig steady 32lbs with a ats ported shroud, wicked wheel, and a TURBOMASTER ajustable wastegate. you wanna talk about a screamer it sounded like a straight piped 03 6.0 inside the cab!! I highly recommend the turbomaster wastegate and there are a few on here that can agree it can be found at www.dieselsite.com

i have already unhooked the waste gate. the turbo is upgraded and i know it will build more. has anybody ran the banks big head waste gate and do they produce more boost?

A waste gate is just that, it gets rid of excess boost. Or am i the one confused about what you are talking about?

i think i found the problem, the guys at jobe performance gave me some insight in what i was looking 4, on my way to 450 hp. thanks 4 everyones input, ill have some burnout vids and races posted soon.

(underground Diesel)

the part of a forum is to tell is what you found as the problem. So others who have a problem can fix it.

I hope that the guys at Jobe who are helping you on the way to 450hp also told you that you have PMR's, that like to brake over 400hp. I really do hope they told you that you will experience catastrophic failure unless you put forged rods in your block.

yeah they did, what we found is that the wastegate has an ellectric warm up valve and over time this wears out and dumps excess boost, so they sell a warm up valve delete, that takes care of this, i havent recieved the part yet but when i do i will let everyone know how it works out. also when you make more then 25 lbs of boost the map sensor becomes damaged and sends false defuelling signals to the ecm. so they have a map sensor relief valve to cure this problem, also on its way, these are fairly cheap fixes under 300 dollars ill let everyone know how they work. then the issue of the PMR's ive heard a cpl different readings 400 and 450, ill stay to the 400 range untill i upgrade the rods and internals, and duel HPOP.

Dude. You need to call diesel innovations, wide open performance, Beans diesel performance or black widow diesel.

Who ever the hell told you all of the crap is full of it. The electronic warm up valve you are talking about is called the exhaust back pressure valve(EBPV). It has nothing to do with dumping boost. It is a butterfly valve that puts an artificial load on it so it will warm up faster. Just unplug the actuator under the turbo or go to some of the Ford specific sites and there is a DIY section. This is in there. For the price of a few plumbing parts, maybe $25 with a tap....Plus other shops sell a similar product you bought called a high flow outlet. Black widow diesel sells them as well.

I have never herd of a sensor getting damaged. But since it is on their website it must be true...LOL.... The best fooler is the one available from ITP diesel for $45.

Call one or all of the companies I stated above. Ford diesels are what they do and they make high power trucks.

FWIW, wide open performance is in sandy Utah. The owner, Zane, has a 10sec powerstroke F250. He knows what he is doing.

Last edited:
Lol, I started to say somethin' earlier but figured someone else would. :D

Call Jobe, I think they can get HMFIC high performance aluminum head studs. You are going to need them in order to hold the head gaskets together with all that power

Man, I'd always kinda wondered about those guys. If they're telling you stuff like that, you seriously need to find a different vendor. Try Diesel Innovations, Black Widow, or any of the other supporting vendors on this site. They'll put you on the right track. For the record, it doesn't take much to get to 450rwhp these days. The vendors I've listed on here have gone SIGNIFICANTLY more than that and can sell you package deals to get your goal of 450. Not sure I can say the same about Jobe and their high 14 second Ex.

A pic is worth a thousand words.

P5080012_5ZH2.jpg

ok ok i get it guys, hmmm!!! well lots of info here to look at, im new to the diesel game, and still learning, ok guys with what i have listed already in my truck if it were yours what would you do next??? i still have the problem of not makeing past 28 lbs of boost and the gauge starts bouncing like its dumping???? and i dont flash any codes like overboost or fuel??

I would start with by asking what you are looking to do with your truck. That would tell someone where you would want to head with your upgrades. 27psi of boost is about as far as I would push that stock charger. If you want more power I would dump the custom quad with whatever it is stacked with and get a custom burned chip from a reputable vendor (Wildman, D{ tuner, DI, etc...) then go from there.

Jason