hey powerstrokers?

PTSUPERD said:
A pic is worth a thousand words.

P5080012_5ZH2.jpg

Hah...

I bet it gets hella air flow every time there is a down draft from a semi in front of you. LMAO WTF??:hehe: :clap:

helvis76 said:
ok ok i get it guys, hmmm!!! well lots of info here to look at, im new to the diesel game, and still learning, ok guys with what i have listed already in my truck if it were yours what would you do next??? i still have the problem of not makeing past 28 lbs of boost and the gauge starts bouncing like its dumping???? and i dont flash any codes like overboost or fuel??

Lol, glad we got your attention. :D

Since you don't know what exactly has been done with the turbo that's on the truck I'd start there. A Garrett or Turbonetics ball bearing drop-in turbo will work excellent with stock or aftermarket injectors.

After that I'd probably go with a full regulated high performance fuel system.

Then it's time for injectors. At this point you're going to need a custom chip such as one from Diesel Innovations. You'll need this 1) to de-tune the truck until you get forged rods and 2) to take full advantage of the add'l parts you've put on.

Then forged rods and you're good to go. Except for the trans. I'd get a good aftermarket torque converter and shift kit whenever you can. It'll be wanting to go out with the new power.

With hybrids and a ball bearing turbo you'll easily hit 450rwhp or more. That combo is one of the most proven on the road. Excellent daily driver, great for towing, racing, cruising, etc... Add nitrous (like I did) and you're between 550-600rwhp.

Another good place for info is http://www.powerstrokenation.com . We're kinda the little brother of this site, but for Fords. :D

Last edited:
i want to make fast dependable power, 4 now, i know there are lots of things to do after the 400 mark, but i want to utilize all the powere i can before that point. so your thinkin dump the quad? my turbo, has a 97 compressor wheel, but pretty much a stock turbo. maybe you can lead me to a dependable vendor who can get me there?

I use http://www.dieselinnovations.com/di.php and am extremely happy with their products AND service, but there are others also. Just make sure you get it from a REPUTABLE SITE SUPPORTING VENDOR, and not some e-bay or fly-by-night company. Seen it many times where people go for the cheapest price instead of a good company and get hung out to dry if something's wrong.

i looked at the dieisel innovations site and wow, they seem like they have it all covered. are they helpfull to answear questions as to what i want to do?

What he said! Tell 'em elmo sent ya. :D

They've gotten my truck to somewhere around 750rwhp and with 37" tires at 8300lbs running low 12's at 111mph in the quarter. They kinda know what they're doin' with the 7.3. ;)

:thankyou2: cool, thanks everyone 4 your input, the stuff i ordered from jobe will b sent back until i make some phone calls on what i really need. elmo ill let them know you referred me and see if i cant be soewhat fast in my area 4 now, lots of dmaxs tho!!:evil

I am glad you are headed in the right direction now. Sorry to have given you such crap. I just wanted you to see the light.

I have learned a great deal from David(dieselinnovations.com), Bean(beansdieselperformance.com), and Dennis(itpdiesel.com). I could not have gotten to the point with my truck without their tutelage.

I hope to hear some of the kill stories after all the mods are done.

Keep Strokin'